Newbie, starting Sept 3!

Readyfor30!

I'm a newbie to Whole30 but have been preparing for a couple of months. I am starting on Sept 3 and my husband is joining me! A little nervous, but also excited to see what this new lifestyle change will bring! I'm putting this out there for accountability! I'm 55, and I know a lot of people in my age bracket will say gaining weight, body pains/aches, lack of energy is all a part of getting older.... but I defy that! I want to be healthy and feel great!  Thanks!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am also starting the Whole30 on September 3rd and was excited to see that you are 55.. At 62 the incredibly conditioned body that I had my entire adult life is gone. It started at 50 but not just because of age. I adopted my daughter in China as a single parent when 46. So stress and lack of time were factors. Like you I defy age and stress. Ready for a reset. 

C93DAEBB-0004-409E-997A-DD62D1ACB660.jpeg

I'm 58 and just finished my 30 days on Tuesday. I've done Whole30s about once a year for the past 4 years. It has changed my life and kept me young! Not completely due to Whole30, but my BMI has gone from obese to normal. Spirit, your daughter's gorgeous! Best of luck to both of you!

I'd love to join you guys! This will be my second attempt; tried one back in June but I wasn't organized enough to make sure I could actually cook more than four different things in a week. This time I'm planning on spending more time meal planning and grocery shopping :)

This is my 1rst Whole 30 and it looks like the prep is essential to success. I cook most weeknights but it isn’t planned. To give myself the best chance at a successful reset I am separating my daughter’s food and soon will grocery shop. Buying chicken breasts, talapia and ground turkey at Costco (great quality) and freezing it in dinner sized portions. Any suggestions on organizing and planning are appreciated. 

Hello everyone!! I am also joining the big group starting on September 3rd. I did a Whole 30 years ago and it was amazing. Because of medical issues that included surgeries and medications, and just plain laziness, I have a loooot of weight to lose. But I am excited to embark on the journey with all of you.

Me too, I thought alot of people would start on September 3rd. I haven’t finished the book yet. 

If you have Trader Joes in your area there is a great video on u tube that shares a bunch of compliant foods available there. And they are priced lower there. 

Just noticed your name...funny! 

Me too, I thought alot of people would start on September 3rd. I haven’t finished the book yet. 

If you have Trader Joes in your area there is a great video on u tube that shares a bunch of compliant foods available there. And they are priced lower there. 

• Moderators
On 8/29/2018 at 8:46 AM, TheZaftigChick said:

I'm surprised there aren't more people in this thread.

1 hour ago, spirit@62 said:

Me too, I thought alot of people would start on September 3rd.

There are several other September Whole30 threads, and probably a few others will start up over the weekend. If you prefer a larger or smaller group than what ends up here or you just want to join multiple groups, check out some of the other ones -- groups develop different dynamics and different people like different types of group interaction.  Just browse through the Join The Whole30 section of the forum to find them:  https://forum.whole30.com/forum/4-join-the-whole30/

I also prepare to start on Monday. I did a whole30 in May, but I knew I wouldn't be able to keep it up over the summer. I prepare to do at least a Whole90 exactly, because my stomach is not well, and I want to give my guts a break. I would like to have a team Whole30, I know it will be hard. But I also need to loose a lot of weight, and I need to do it before I have health issues.

Me too! I was inspired at a wedding I attended this weekend by someone who’d lost 20 lbs. on Whole30. That and my own over-indulgence during this holiday weekend pushed me to buy the book. I’ll spend my Labor Day shopping and prepping. Good luck to you all!

Archived