Icecream that's not SWYPO?

praxisproject

We're in a huge heatwave here, hottest in years. B) It's going to be hotter tomorrow and even hotter the day after :o

I have a Zoku maker, is there anything (other than water) that I can make as a popsicle that isn't SWYPO?

Plain coconut milk/cream maybe? Add a few slices of fruit? Chicken in bone broth? It's not for a sweet treat, just for the cold.

The coffee sounds like the best idea since you can have it hot so cold should be fine. I dont think coconut water is whole30 due to the high sugar? I love frozen blueberries added to coconut milk but it is swypo so I am avoiding for my whole*

What about water with some lemon juice and a few sliced strawberries? Might have to make a few icecubes of these since it will be 41 tomorrow!

I hear ya gals! I'm going to be in North East Victoria for the weekend and its expected to hit 45 degrees!

What about making some ice cubes with fresh mint? Yum! Or frozen espresso ice blocks with coconut milk? Or I've done coconut milk and bananas in a blender, then frozen them - not sure if that's compliant though?

Ditto on the frozen grapes, I ate those when it was hot here a few months ago (now it's "winter" here in San Diego...). They really hit the spot when I was roasting to death in my un-airconditioned house.

I am late to this party but I remember reading that a frozen banana blended in a blender/food processor was not okay..... It was considered SWYPO. It's the same reason why I cannot make "pancakes" - eggs, mushed banana, cinnamon and a couple of handfuls for frozen blueberries. It reminds us too much of the thing we are trying to substitute.

Actually..... Any food that would act as a physiological or psychological "trigger" needs to be avoided during a Whole30...

For some that means fruit of any kind... For others it's nut, nut butters, etc. even if the ingredients are compliant and it hasn't been discussed ad nauseum, ask yourself " is this subbing for a comfort food that I used to run to when stressed/depressed/sad/worried/ happy/glad.... If the answer is yes then even though it is a perfectly allowable food, you owe it to yourself to see if you can manage without it for 30 days and break the unhealthy cycle of eating.... That's the most important goal, or should be....

If its not being used as a dessert,if its not a stand alone snack, and if its not pushing other things you should be eating off you plate.... It's probably ok

I don't allow dried fruit of any kind and occasionaly fresh only as a component of a salad( 1/2 sm apple in chicken salad), no nuts and definatly no hazelnut butter.... I just can't do them and I'm much better off for it!

Actually..... Any food that would act as a physiological or psychological "trigger" needs to be avoided during a Whole30...

For some that means fruit of any kind... For others it's nut, nut butters, etc. even if the ingredients are compliant and it hasn't been discussed ad nauseum, ask yourself " is this subbing for a comfort food that I used to run to when stressed/depressed/sad/worried/ happy/glad.... If the answer is yes then even though it is a perfectly allowable food, you owe it to yourself to see if you can manage without it for 30 days and break the unhealthy cycle of eating.... That's the most important goal, or should be....

Fender -

You know I respect your opinion, and everything you've contributed here, but I'm going to have to disagree with you a little bit here. Well, not disagree, but...

Here's the thing: Most of the folks who are posting in the forum right now are newcomers to the program, and to this lifestyle. We're asking a lot by having them give up the grains and the dairy, but we've given them a long list of things they CAN have. Most of them are not at a place right now to identify, let alone break, some of these food habits. Asking them to tackle all of these things right off the bat is a little much.What they can do, though, is follow the rules. And, by doing that, they will automatically eliminate many of the foods and habits they turned to in their past food life. But taking away every vestige of comfort (when it comes to food) is essentially like stripping a person bare before sending them to run a marathon. It may be more motivation to finish, but they may just give up because of the discomfort.

Archived