Icecream that's not SWYPO?

praxisproject

Here's the thing: Most of the folks who are posting in the forum right now are newcomers to the program, and to this lifestyle. We're asking a lot by having them give up the grains and the dairy, but we've given them a long list of things they CAN have. Most of them are not at a place right now to identify, let alone break, some of these food habits. Asking them to tackle all of these things right off the bat is a little much.What they can do, though, is follow the rules. And, by doing that, they will automatically eliminate many of the foods and habits they turned to in their past food life. But taking away every vestige of comfort (when it comes to food) is essentially like stripping a person bare before sending them to run a marathon. It may be more motivation to finish, but they may just give up because of the discomfort.

I have been trying to explain this to my OH. He's trying really hard not to snack but has a lot of trouble keeping his blood sugar levels up and is doing so occasionally and is then beating himself up about. I've been trying to point out that, despite the fact having a handful of nuts as a snack isn't really allowed, he's eating SO much better now than he was before that if he can get through this step one then we can work on step two (the snacking) when he's ready. Hardly like he's done it much anyway and, as this is our first W30 it's a steep learning curve for both of us.

It's very much about balance I think when you're starting out :)

Robin, you're the best. :) No. I am not trying to score points, but you're comments always comfort me the most. No offense other Mods. :)

Aww... you're too sweet, really. I have the most awesome team members, and fearless leaders, to learn from and bounce ideas off of - it's really just a recipe for success all around.

Zoku fail, haha, my pops are stuck.

I made mine with a whole can of Trident coconut milk and very concentrated cold coffee, I knew I should have used the coconut cream :) I'll just put the mix in a silicon pan.

So, when you get them figured out, send me one. They'll ship nicely, right? I'm only halfway around the world ;)

I have been trying to explain this to my OH. He's trying really hard not to snack but has a lot of trouble keeping his blood sugar levels up and is doing so occasionally and is then beating himself up about. I've been trying to point out that, despite the fact having a handful of nuts as a snack isn't really allowed, he's eating SO much better now than he was before that if he can get through this step one then we can work on step two (the snacking) when he's ready. Hardly like he's done it much anyway and, as this is our first W30 it's a steep learning curve for both of us.

It's very much about balance I think when you're starting out :)

Balance is extremely important, especially to those for whom this is a significant change. Those of us who come this way from an already paleo or primal lifestyle have a little more reference as to our bodies' boundaries and can take the extra steps to work on habits we already know we have. For many, though, it's a hold fast to the rules and hope this thing floats kinda gig :blink:

This post made me very happy because its awesome drinks:

http://whole9life.com/2012/10/quench-your-thirst-whole9-style/

perhaps some of them could be frozen? or blended and frozen?

I'd suggest following the recipe, letting them sit in the refridgerator and then blending/freezing the next day so flavors have blended.

I like cranberry water, using fresh or frozen cranberrys- boil til the pop and dilute to your liking.

If you don't want fruits, the coffee thing sounds lovely, perhaps add some spices, cardamon is nice with coconut milk and coffee.

The other options if you dont' want fruit, would be veggies and I'm not sure how good that would be?

actually pumpkin/coconut milk blend would work well I think with some pumpkin pie spice added in, or its nice with chili powder.

and they make ice cream with peppers for a creamy hot taste, wonder what that would be like?

Fender -

You know I respect your opinion, and everything you've contributed here, but I'm going to have to disagree with you a little bit here. Well, not disagree, but...

Here's the thing: Most of the folks who are posting in the forum right now are newcomers to the program, and to this lifestyle. We're asking a lot by having them give up the grains and the dairy, but we've given them a long list of things they CAN have. Most of them are not at a place right now to identify, let alone break, some of these food habits. Asking them to tackle all of these things right off the bat is a little much.What they can do, though, is follow the rules. And, by doing that, they will automatically eliminate many of the foods and habits they turned to in their past food life. But taking away every vestige of comfort (when it comes to food) is essentially like stripping a person bare before sending them to run a marathon. It may be more motivation to finish, but they may just give up because of the discomfort.

I defenatly respect what you are saying and can see your point of view....

I tend to see black and white in my life... Hazarads of being a chef, if its not perfect ill chuck it in the garbage and start over ( my poor cooks )

Thank you for the reminder that most people have several shades of grey

No wonder I workout/ train with Israeli special forces where our motto is S.U.B. ( soldier up bitch) and the only way to increase your ranking is to beat the guys ahead of you....

I guess I need to take Sargent Hulka's advice and " lighten up Francis".

NAHHHHH...... I will just keep on keepin it real.... Lol. I crack my self up

I defenatly respect what you are saying and can see your point of view....

I tend to see black and white in my life... Hazarads of being a chef, if its not perfect ill chuck it in the garbage and start over ( my poor cooks )

Thank you for the reminder that most people have several shades of grey

No wonder I workout/ train with Israeli special forces where our motto is S.U.B. ( soldier up bitch) and the only way to increase your ranking is to beat the guys ahead of you....

I guess I need to take Sargent Hulka's advice and " lighten up Francis".

NAHHHHH...... I will just keep on keepin it real.... Lol. I crack my self up

Fender we are similar in several ways. First I was upset about what appeared to be loosening the rules. I am very much a rules person. After thinking about it and coincidently coming across this very issue in the book, I realized I need to let people be successful in their own way. So I too am trying to lighten up Francis. :)

Fender we are similar in several ways. First I was upset about what appeared to be loosening the rules. I am very much a rules person. After thinking about it and coincidently coming across this very issue in the book, I realized I need to let people be successful in their own way. So I too am trying to lighten up Francis. :)

:) :) :)

Archived