Do I restart?

AkinDC

Hi all - I’m on day 20 and am traveling in NYC. I’ve been DOING really well. Today, though, I went out to eat with my fam and ordered a bun less burger. Asked about the cooking oil, didn’t get dressing on my salad, and asked for no cheese. Somehow, the burger came out with the lettuce/tomato on top and I didn’t even think to look underneath and went ahead and ate. However, after getting through most of the burger....I noticed the dreaded white American cheese. It was so melted into the burger that I hadn’t noticed it at all.

What do I do? I made it so far and I’m so angry. Do I have to restart? 

• 2 weeks later...

Similar problem.  I am on Day 9 and have finally leveled out, feeling pretty good, etc.  Went out for lunch yesterday and ordered peel-and=eat shrimp and a salad with balsamic dressing.  Was so, so sick when I got home and think maybe the shrimp had some kind of soy sauce marinade.  Am not going to start over, but I definitely see that my gut reacted very badly to something.  Just wish I knew for sure if it was soy or some other no-no.

• Moderators
47 minutes ago, Owly Girl said:

Similar problem.  I am on Day 9 and have finally leveled out, feeling pretty good, etc.  Went out for lunch yesterday and ordered peel-and=eat shrimp and a salad with balsamic dressing.  Was so, so sick when I got home and think maybe the shrimp had some kind of soy sauce marinade.  Am not going to start over, but I definitely see that my gut reacted very badly to something.  Just wish I knew for sure if it was soy or some other no-no.

You could call the restaurant and ask about what the ingredients are in the shrimp and the dressing. 

Archived