Bruschetta Dilemma

roupl

I love love love bruschetta, but since I can't use toasted french bread with parmesan as a vehicle for this delicious concoction, I'm looking for alternatives. Raw zucchini or fried plantains perhaps?

-8 roma (plum) tomatoes, diced

-Yellow onion, finely finely finely chopped

-Fresh basil, cut into "ribbons" (chiffonade)

-2 cloves garlic, minced

-1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar

-1 teaspoon olive oil

406498_10150652421951515_620365038_n.jpg

I have a friend who sent me a recipe for bruschetta. She uses slices of sweet potato so maybe you could try that. I have a recipe for crackers [snipped], but you need to know ahead of time that while they are totally whole 30 in terms of ingredients, they are really delicious and easy to over eat. They don't have any sugar or honey so they can't cause any sugar cravings....just cracker cravings. :)

I have a friend who sent me a recipe for bruschetta. She uses slices of sweet potato so maybe you could try that. I have a recipe for crackers [snipped], but you need to know ahead of time that while they are totally whole 30 in terms of ingredients, they are really delicious and easy to over eat. They don't have any sugar or honey so they can't cause any sugar cravings....just cracker cravings.

Lisa, just so newbies are clear, making paleofied versions of treats like crackers and other baked goods is not something that should be done at all while on W30. It's probably best not to post links that go against a true W30 program. I love your idea of the sweet potato slices. :)

That would be great on any kind of crispy meat too, like proscuitto or bacon (if you're lucky enough to find Whole30 bacon). I've had it before in lettuce cups, it's okay, but doesn't have the right texture contrast, too wet I think. Maybe crispy kale?

Or for something completely different, an omelette.

Archived