Help - Why is this time different?!?

sholmes

Hi there,

I'm hoping someone might be able to shed some light on this for me. I'm on Day 24 of my 4th Whole30. One of the best NSVs I've had, in each of my previous Whole30s, has been around sleep/energy. Typically, once I'm through the first week, I start to wake up naturally, bounce out of bed feeling rested and the bags under my eyes all but disappear.

This time has been quite different...and at first I chalked it up to the fact that we got a new puppy the day before I started so I was having interrupted sleep and added stress and all of that good stuff that happens when you add a baby into your household. :) The interrupted sleep lasted for about 10 days but now I'm back to sleeping about 8 hours each night (and have been for the last two weeks) but I wake up feeling tired and I have bags under my eyes. This is not normal for me (pre-W30 or during a W30) so I'm looking for some insight/advice.

Here's a typical day of food for me:

Breakfast - organic sausage, a palm size of sweet potato, salad, primal kitchen ranch dressing (sometimes an apple/peach w/ almond butter)

Lunch - organic ground meat (pork or beef), coleslaw mix, cauli rice cooked with ghee, ranch and olives (about 6 - give or take)

Dinner - organic chicken w/ cauli rice and olives or spaghetti squash w/ meat marinara sauce or organic chicken w/ potato or salad w/ ranch or ghee

Generally, I'm not snacking in-between meals. I think I've only done that 3 times over this entire journey so I feel like I'm eating enough...I'm just struggling with my energy...and motivation if I think about it (but maybe that's in relation to it being summer...lol).

Any help or thoughts would be great. Having great sleep and bouncing out of bed in the morning has always been one of my favorite things about the W30 so it's leaving me wanting more this time.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello - 

Did you find any reason for the bags under your eyes?  I'm on day 16 and I have bags under my eyes for the first time in my life (I'm 51).  I'm concerned.  I'm sleeping fine and eating good meals.  Would love to know if you figured out the cause of them.

Thanks,

Mona

Archived