Feeling faint?

Hi everyone! I am hoping that someone on here can help me out a little. I am on day 5 of my whole30 & I have noticed I've felt very lightheaded & when I stand up my vision goes black. I researched a little & found some stuff that said I needed to add some salt to my food to help that. Has anyone experienced this & can give me some advice? A typical day of meals is as follows:

Meal 1: 2 hard boiled eggs, a couple strawberries

Snack: raw almonds

Meal 2: leftovers from the previous day

Meal 3: 3 eggs, spinach, mushrooms, bell peppers, zucchini (all cooked in coconut oil) and topped with avocado. Sometimes a piece of fruit (strawberries or banana)

Meal 4: grass fed ground beef with mixed veggies

OR

chicken breast pan fried in coconut oil, sweet potato & some veggies.

The only seasoning I have been using is black pepper & occasionally mrs. Dash garlic & herb

Please let me know if you have any advice! Thank you :)

• Moderators

I am not sure that lack of salt is a problem, but... Definitely use salt! You are not likely to overload on it when you are cooking and eating whole foods and your meals will taste better.

How much water are you drinking? Are you on any medications?

I felt that way for the first couple of weeks, and still do occasionally (I'm in my last week of the whole 30). I thought it was probably due to not drinking enough water so I've made a conscious effort to drink more and it seems to have helped. I don't know why I would feel this way after starting the whole 30 though, because I was not drinking any more water before starting. Where do you live? It's only recently warmed up in the Northeast so the heat may have been a factor for me.

Archived