Beating Myself Up Over Wrong Food

Gwenn

Hi.  I’m on day 4 and I messed up twice eating a few almond flour crackers and coconut milk pudding.  Both were paleo.  Neither compliant obviously.  Otherwise I’m doing well and should be pretty proud of myself but all I can think about is how I messed up! 

The other part of this is I do feel like the crackers got rid of my craving for carbs.  So is it so bad if it gets me over a hump once in a while?  Maybe if I’m in a rush and did t get enough veggies and feel a little icky?

I want to do this right!  Shall I start over if just move forward?

thanks in advance.

• Moderators

If you're craving carbs, be sure you're eating starchy vegetables. Most people do well with one fist-sized serving each day, but people who are very active, who are prone to anxiety or depression, or who are pregnant, nursing, or in the week or so leading up to their period may need more, and that is fine. 

Better than keeping crackers around just in case would be keeping vegetables on hand, ready to eat. If you keep washed, cut vegetables like carrots, celery, broccoli, cherry tomatoes, mushrooms, jicama, snap or snow peas, or whatever others you like that would last a few days cut up in the fridge, you can grab them to add to a meal, either raw with some dip, or they're there ready to be steamed or added to stir-fries. You can also cook some ahead. If you're roasting vegetables for supper, roast extra to include in a future meal. 

The coconut milk pudding is not doing you any favors as far as getting rid of your sugar dragon.

As for whether you should start over, you'd need to know the ingredients in those crackers and pudding. If any of the ingredients were not compliant, then to really do a Whole30 and have a clean slate for reintroductions, you'd need to start over. Here's the article that talks about deciding whether to start over or not:   https://whole30.com/2014/06/really-start-whole30/

Hi thanks for your reply.  Everything I eat is compliant.  My only screw ups are about giving into sugar cravings with a snack of fruit or that coconut iced thing.  I did this about three times over 9 days.  (Twice with fruit) I think I’m doing ok.  What you said really hit home about not doing my dragon any favors.  I hear that in my head while I sit out the craving!

Archived