reaction to bread or am I sick??

Dana M

Hello!  So I did Whole 30 from July 22 to August 22 and am so pleased with the results.  I was trying to figure out what was giving me headaches and I am happy to report that on Whole 30--about a week in, headaches disappeared and have stayed away.  So I am VERY nervous to reintroduce things for fear of getting headaches again.  Thus far I have only put back oats/oatmeal and a little bit of dairy.  I only did a little bit of dairy before, so that is not a big deal.  Oatmeal gave me no reaction of any kind-I made hot oatmeal for breakfast a few times and I made overnight oats with almond milk a few times and no headaches, no stomach issues, nothing. As for dairy I have done vanilla Siggis Greek yogurt--that is literally the only dairy, and spread out every few days.  No reaction.  So last night I had bread for the first time since July 22.  I got a loaf of the honey whole wheat from Great Harvest-four ingredients, made on site-high quality.  Two slices of toast.  This morning I have a sore throat and am all stuffy.  BUT...I am a teacher and this was our first full week back to school so it is entirely possible that I am just run down from the first week being in the petri dish that is an elementary school.  Thoughts?   No headache, but the stuffy/mucousy feeling is yucky.  Again, though, it could be from being around 200 kids for the first full week.

Any thoughts or opinions about reaction from bread vs just sick from school?

thanks!

dana

• Moderators

The best way to figure out whether it was the bread or just being around the students would be to go back to Whole30 eating until you feel good again, and then try bread again and see what happens. If the same reaction happens again, it was the bread. If it doesn't, it was probably some kind of bug. 

Archived