Coffee | Rule vs. Recommendation

VeWatson

I am having a debate with someone over "coffee on your Whole30," specifically around limiting your intake to 2 cups a day and to drink it before noon (for a host of reasons, but first things that come to my mind is cortisol, appetite suppressant, and sleep disruption). Is this a Whole30 RULE or RECOMMENDATION ? We both read the Whole9 "Coffee Manifesto," but we are hung up on semantics - recommendation vs. rule. While it says recommendation, I do think it is strong enough in nature (and with valid rationale) that it is actually a rule (does that make sense?). Otherwise, you would not have the experience a Whole30 is intended to give. 

• Moderators

It's a recommendation. The rules are listed here: https://whole30.com/whole30-program-rules/ -- as long as you follow them, you've done a Whole30. The recommendations will make your experience better, and we strongly encourage everyone to do their best to follow them, but even if you don't follow any of the recommendations, as long as you followed the rules, you've done a Whole30. 

Archived