Day 1 done and I’m feeling alone

Birdie23

• Moderators

Look around the forum, find a group that is just getting started, and join in -- that can provide a lot of support. There are lots of people starting Monday, but there are other groups that have started in the last few days as well. 

You might want to have a chat with your husband. You can't make him do a Whole30, and you shouldn't try to, but maybe the two of you can come to some kind of understanding. Maybe he can eat ice cream and cookies in another room, away from you, and rinse those dishes himself. When you discuss it with him, tell him why this is important to you. Maybe you've had acid reflux or athritis pain or don't sleep well or some other issues that you're hoping are improved by this -- be specific about what you're hoping to gain from this, be clear about how the process works -- that you have to eliminate these foods for 30 days straight, and even one meal off would mean starting over again, and then that you have to reintroduce foods to see how they work for you, so in all you'll be spending about 40-45 days being very careful about what you eat, and then you'll decide at that point what kind of permanent changes you'll be making. 

Birdie23.. I can relate, I’m mostly on my diet by myself. My boyfriend and I tend to eat the same when We are together- especially when I’m cooking and on Whole30. He will eat cereal, have French fries if we go out and it does tempt me and frustrate me a little. Journaling helps me- I write my goals and strengths, my manifestations and just positive things that help me. I know it’s hard but you’re not alone. You have a bunch of us doing it with you. Let it be a positive and just know that it’s only 29 days now! The end goal will feel amazing. 

Archived