I did it! - Also, help with snacks

I did it! One week in and I feel pretty good. I have met a few challanges and triumphed! I think starting this on my vacation made the difference. I feel as though I had a great week with no interruptions for the most part. I was able to eat out with a friend and choose a good salad. I just asked for some lime slices to use as the dressing. It was good, it worked.

Now Tuesday I start back to work and Im a bit worried about our candy cupboard there. I have veggies, nuts, apples and almond butter on my mind and have found them tasting really good. I hope I can keep these good snacks rolling at work too. I know that the afternoon brings my board hunger pains. These ideas will keep me strong. If anyone has good snack ideas for me that would be great. My job isn't one that I can just go for a walk or leave the area while I'm at work in. Im usually starving when I get home too. SO its good if I can snack at work in the last afternoon to keep me from eating bad as I get home.

Thanks everyone for your words of encouragement.

R1D7 and holding strong!

• Moderators

Ideally, your meals will keep you satisfied for 4-5 hours at a time, which for many people results in them not needing to snack. However, if you have a longer gap between meals, or you just are hungrier than you thought you'd be and need to eat, we'd encourage you to try to eat a combo of protein, fat, and vegetables, or at least two of the three. Pack extra of whatever you take for lunch and save it for the afternoon, or take hard boiled eggs and mayo or guacamole, or some jerky and carrot sticks and olives. Try not to do fruit on its own or with nut butter, just because that is sweet enough that it may keep you craving more sweets. 

Archived