Just starting my journey! Quick compliancy question

DaynaRose

Hello!

Just beginning my Whole30 Journey, still making my way through the book. I had just a few questions regarding compliant items. 

I like to drink green “powder” drinks from Amazing Grass. These are generally not sweetened but it’s hard to know what might or might not be okay given that there are many grasses in these powders. Just wondering if these are compliant?

Also, I know that regular sweet potatoes are allowed but are Japanese Purple sweet potatoes compliant? These are super sweet and nutty on flavor.. and generally sweet is something I know is important to avoid so I just wanted to be sure. 

I appreciate your help!

Dayna 

• Moderators

Wheatgrass and similar is okay, you'd have to check out the ingredients of the ones you're wanting to drink -- if there are ingredients you're unsure of, google Whole30 plus that ingredient and you'll probably find information on it, or if you don't, come back to the forum and ask about the specific ingredients you have questions about. In general, we would really rather you ate your vegetables rather than trying to drink them.

Any sweet potatoes are okay. If you find they are sweet enough to be a problem for you, you are welcome to leave them out, but they are allowed. 

Thank you Shannon! I don’t generally drink Amazing grass as an alternative, I like to have it in the morning as an alternative to coffee. Was just curious if Amazing Grass had been deemed compliant with Whole30, but I’ll Google the ingredients as an alternative. 

I appreciate your help!

Archived