Non-scale victories!

helenlovescello

I just finished my first round of Whole 30! I probably have lost weight or at least inches, because my clothes fit better, but I'm not going to weigh myself this time- I don't want to forget about my other benefits! 

Before I started this, I was six weeks post emergency surgery for a ruptured ectopic pregnancy. I was anemic, anxious, and depressed. I woke up about four times every night and couldn't sleep at all without melatonin. I was dealing with a case of tendonitis/tennis elbow/golfer's elbow which was keeping me from doing my job well (I am a cellist and cello teacher). I was exhausted all the time and couldn't get anything done I wanted or needed to. Walking a mile was a huge effort. And in addition, I was stress eating junk food all the time. 

Now, I sleep through the night, my mood is much better and more stable, I go running three times a week, my playing injury is much more under control, I haven't had my blood tested but I don't feel anemic- I have lots of energy, good color in my face, etc. I don't like junky food as much, and don't usually get hungry between meals. I have a much better relationship with food and don't usually eat because I'm stressed or bored. Plus, my skin looks great, and clothes that didn't used to button button now! 

OH! And I forgot one important (to me) thing! My husband and I have always used FABM (Fertility awareness based methods) to achieve or avoid pregnancy. My bbt (basal body temperature) was always super low (96.5-97.9 at different points in the cycle), and now it's significantly higher all around (97-98.2). I don't have enough medical knowledge to know exactly what that means, but something is happening haha. 

Archived