Starting WHOLE30 Sept 10

Readyfor30!

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am starting on the 10th so I will be there with you! It's my first Whole30. Looking to change my unhealthy relationship with food (especially turning to coffee/sweets/cheese for any sort of negative emotion), hopefully improve fertility issues, and of course if I lose some weight along the way I'll be happy with that too.

Yes I will be starting on 9/10 as well I’m excited but I’m looking to connect with someone who can hold me accountable during this time. I’m doing this because I’m looking to change my relationship with food. I’m an emotional eater. I also want to lose weight and increase my energy!

I'm starting 9/10 too. Am also 55 and looking to stop eating crap. Would appreciate some accountability too. I've done the whole30 twice before but each time I do it I feel like a newbie! Am getting ready today, lots of shopping and cooking. Good luck everyone for tomorrow. 

Big day shopping and cooking. Ratatouille, sweet potato hash, baked cauliflower, boiled eggs, rissoles, boiled chicken, potatoes, mayonnaise and viniagrette ready to go. Am hoping it will be enough to last 5 days. Little nervous about tomorrow as I usually start with a flat white coffee! I think breakfast is going to be the hardest. 

Good luck! 

Hi Readyfor30,

I'm starting as well, though not exactly on 9/10.  I'd love to join your forum trail and learn along with this group.  I just turned 52 and am nervously-excited about the Whole30 challenge and program.  This is my first time to Whole30 but definitely not my first time to a diet program.....I feel I've tried them all.  Regardless, its a New Whole30-Day and I'm ready to make it work.

Best of luck to you and the rest of this group.

H

Hi! I am starting tomorrow, September 10th as well. I am a 43 mother of 2, looking to help stabilize my emotions and stomach. I'm going to find the most difficulty with foregoing my daily glass of wine. :( Thankful for this support group. Good luck everyone, we can do this!  

Hi guys. I am looking to restart tomorrow. I restarted several times but at least the time between is getting shorter. I am 51 and been trying to clean up my act for a while. I just found out I have an issue with lectins so I am going to need to cut out those as well as some other foods I have issues with. I have all my meat prepped and doing a few more veggies. I need to re-go over day 0 on the Day by Day. I am making my goals very simple Stay compliant. That’s is. I do want to get more exercise and PT in as well. 

I am starting tomorrow, September 10th!  Looking forward to it!  I am a 48 year old preschool teacher and single mom to two teenaged boys.  I have put on about 25 lbs. in the past year due to a change in diet....I need a reset.  No pills, no shakes, no patches!  No thanks!  Just back to basics.

I'm also starting on 9/10. Many life changes have taken place for me over the last year and one of those was gaining about 30 lbs. I definitely notice that my body and mind feel different with the different foods I eat. Being someone that has struggled with addiction and depression, making a commitment to eliminate toxic foods from my life to help discover a happier, healthier me only seems natural. I know this will be a challenge with the kiddos and hubby still indulging, but I'm ready, committed, and would love the additional support! Happy Whole30ing!!

I also started Whole 30 today! My goal is to change my relationship with food, stop binge eating and most importantly, be healthy for pregnancy. My husband and I are beginning our In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) process in the coming weeks. I keep thinking I'm crazy for embarking on this journey while simultaneously beginning IVF; but I know i need to do this for me and that the end result will be worth it! 

I will definitely be using this group for support and look forward to hearing about everyone's journey! 

Thank you for beginning this post for all who started today. WE CAN DO IT! 

Archived