Starting WHOLE30 Sept 10

Readyfor30!

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@ashleypm that is so frustrating about the alternative milk. 

@xkellz17x what great quotes. So happy you were able to stay compliant at the hospital. That was my downfall when I had family there. 

@Red Petal glad you liked the recipe. 

So as usually I have gone off. They good news is it is taking me less time to come back. Today is my day 0 and I am staring over tomorrow. I know what I have to do. This isn’t rocket science. I just need to tell my negotiator (sugar dragon) to shut up. It is the going out to fast food in the morning. It has become such a habit (many years x2). I have all the meat prepared (from previous failed ones) so I just need to make the veggies. 

I had a weird thing this morning preparing my purple sweet potato. It smelled like pungent olive oil while I was peeling it. It also had that flavor. My hands were also very sticky when I was done cutting it. I threw it out because I don’t know what that means and other ones I had in the past didn’t smell that way. Then my persimmons turned out to be rotten inside although the outside they were very firm. So firm I was thinking that they needed to wripen for a day or 2. Very bizarre.

Hope everyone’s weekend went well.  

I stayed on track this weekend but still feel guilty. We made a couple Whole30 friendly recipes to take tailgating (buffalo chicken dip and potato skins) since we knew we would be surrounded by super tempting food. So that was a plus...but the part I feel guilty about is that I still overate and still dug into the chicken dip like it was going to run away from me...I couldn’t stop! So basically same habits but Whole30 compliant...I need to just move on, but I’m mad at myself. 

13 hours ago, Readyfor30! said:

@Britt1229 don’t feel bad. I have that same feeling this weekend. Even though my dinners were compliant, I feel like I overate. 

Shopped and prepped all day. I have to be honest; I’m tired of cooking and washing dishes! 8(

Here’s to a great second week!

agreed, I think I spent 8 hours in the kitchen yesterday. We only had time to prep a breakfast casserole + 1 meal last weekend, so we had to cook Monday and Tuesday after work and I was over it...so I tried to prepare better this week by doing more Sunday. But I'm over that too haha - I think we ran our dishwasher twice yesterday. Either way, prepared for week 2!

I have started on day 1 today. Good news is that I actually started. Bad new is I am very hungry again. I almost left the house with out enough food but went back and grabbed 2 snacks just incase. Because of the gastritis I can not really eat until I am really full because that can cause some stomach issues. Hopefully as I go along I will be able to get to the three. It really helped my morning by having my lunch and snacks made ahead of time. I still need to make more veggies and will have time on Tue hopefully or maybe tonight. 

This issues in the past have not been leaving enough time to clean up the kitchen afterwards. So that is one of my other goals this time around is to get better at estimating prep and clean up time.

Hi all!  I'm new here, I started my 1st whole30 on 9/4/18.  I eat pretty well in general, but definitely needed to get more veggies in.  My main reason is my sugar intake, I'm definitely a sweets addict (chocolate, ice cream, cookies, you name it!).  I really want to get a grip on my sugar dragon and so far it's going well.  Very surprised I haven't had more cravings (definitely have had some, but not much after the first few days).  Biggest thing is I'm able to wake up in the morning and have energy to get out of bed right away...this hasn't happened in a very long time.  I'm almost half-way through :-)

17 minutes ago, ShannonM816 said:

Hi, @Elizabeth33. Keep in mind that the recommendation for three meals, no snacks, is for the average person. If you physically cannot eat that much food at once, adjust your meal sizes to something that works for you, while still having some protein, some fat, and some vegetables each time you eat. 

Yep that's the plan. Thanks

Congrats on making it through the first week! Had a kitchen disaster yesterday. My oven caught fire while roasting a chicken for meal prep for this week. Luckily I was still able to 1) Not burn down the house and 2) Prep and freeze a few compliant meals to give me a headstart for the week.   

I guess Whole30  sets this girl on FIRE!!! Couldn't resist the corny joke. If I can't have chocolate I can still have fun. What more adventures will this bring?

So I was able to get through today. Almost had to grab dinner on the fly because I had an unexpected booking. I made the decision to get something compliant at Ralphs. Fortunately it was cancelled so I was able to have my meatloaf, broccoli, sweet potato, with ghee and olives as fat. I hope everyones day went great. I am making artichoke and beets tonight for tomorrow. 

@DaniG818 I am so glad that everything is fine. That must have been a hot chick. Sorry I too couldn't resist. 

@gizmoz your NSV are awesome and keep up the good work

Day 9 and I feel fat and bloated! Argh. And I want some Starbucks coffee with half & half and vanilla pumps! It's enough to make me want to stop... but I won't. I'll keep moving forward. My husband has been very supportive and talks me out of messing up.

We're almost 1/3 of the way through!! We have this!!

I'm still on track! Just had a busy few days and couldn't stop by to check in!! My cravings are at an all time high today...I'd eat just about anything sweet! Someone posted a picture of their cereal bowl on Facebook this morning and i sat at my desk day-dreaming of eating cereal. I know this is temporary and in a few days, I'll be craving less and less. Either way, its pretty tricky to get through these cravings. 

Last night i made meatballs and sauce and froze them. In case I have one of those days where I just don't want to cook, those are easy to heat up and have with zucchini noodles or just by themselves. I followed the recipe and they were pretty good! Keeping up with this 30-day journey and feeling proud of myself everyday for just getting through, 1 day at a time! 

I'm heading to a IVF doctors appointment tomorrow and wondering about the weigh in. Should i tell them not to tell me what i weigh? The doctor did want me to lose 5-10 lbs, so I'm not sure if that's something that will be discussed? A little nervous for the weigh in process.

9d597006ec40aad5dff1874646770a59.jpg

2 hours ago, Readyfor30! said:

Day 9 and I feel fat and bloated! Argh. And I want some Starbucks coffee with half & half and vanilla pumps! It's enough to make me want to stop... but I won't. I'll keep moving forward. My husband has been very supportive and talks me out of messing up.

We're almost 1/3 of the way through!! We have this!!

I'm with you, I feel huge. And frustrated by that...but it is apparently normal as per the timeline. 

I would kill for a latte right now. There's a Starbucks in the bottom of my office building and it's so tempting! 

Still here :) Made the walnut crusted pork tenderloin recipe from the book tonight. Has anyone else made this? I had a hard time getting the walnuts to stick, even after pulsing them in the food processor. It also took 15 minutes longer to reach 145 degrees... Wondering if it's just me. 

Am bloated too. I didn't realise that was normal for this week, thanks for the tip. Very sore stomach yesterday maybe due to cauliflower. I didn't realise it was a FODMAP. Survived work drinks this evening with mineral water. Not as hard as I thought it would be. Day 10 done. One third down. Stay strong everyone!

@Readyfor30! you can do this! Today and tomorrow are supposed to be the hardest days motivation wise. Just remember what you're doing this for!

And no...you aren't alone, I passed a potluck this afternoon and was practically drooling at all the things I can't have. I just figure if I've already made it this far, might as well keep going!

Hi!

I'm just now jumping on this thread. I started on 9/10 and have been 100% compliant. Not super easy since my 7 year old daughter and husband are not taking the challenge. That means sometimes making different meals for dinner. So hard not licking the spoon, or tasting the pasta to see if it's done! I'm feeling pretty darned good, and not having any major food cravings. Also, unlike some posts here, I'm feeling very satiated after meals. The food has been wonderful...but, A LOT of work in the prep and planning department. It definitely makes me think more about what goes into my body...because I have to plan and prepare it Another interesting tidbit is that I'm not feeling any pain in my shoulder. I've had two frozen shoulders (one on each side) over the last 7 years. My left shoulder has gained mobility over time, but it's always very stiff when I wake up in the morning. I've noticed that I don't need to "pop" it back into position anymore. Maybe I'm just thinking this up, but I'm rolling with it!

Has anyone else felt any significant differences by now that we are 9 days in? 

Archived