Tomato Reaction?

Zumatree

On day 44 of a Whole60 (completed 2 Whole30s and never fully ditched sugar habits or fully cleared up some skin conditions, so this time we're going longer!).

In all of my Whole30 experiences, I've noticed that when eating compliant tomato-meat sauce on spaghetti squash or zoodles that I feel almost uncomfortably full after eating a few bites. I then find the leftovers the next day completely unappetizing. I'm wondering if this might be my body telling me not to eat something? Is this a reaction anyone else has? In my non-Whole30 life I've always been a big spaghetti and meatballs fan and never noticed this reaction, but I don't normally pay such close attention to my body's feelings when not on Whole30...

I do eat raw cherry tomatoes in a salad almost every day for lunch, regularly top food with tomato-based salsa, and didn't notice this reaction with a compliant chili which contained canned tomatoes.

Details: Compliant marina sauce, can of diced tomatoes, tomato paste, sauteed mushrooms, onions, garlic in EVOO, sometimes some spinach thrown in.

Archived