Water Intake

??

Breakfast

2 scrambled eggs, 1/2 avocado, veg curry

Lunch

37g box of Graze, handful of cashews

Egg vegetable stir fry

Dinner

2 boiled eggs, 1/2 avocado, swee potato, steamed kale and courgette. Homemade tomato ketchup.

Thoughts

Day 21

Thursday 27th September 2018

Steps

Water Intake

??

Breakfast

1/2 avocado, egg stir fry vegetables, vegetable curry

Lunch

1/2 avocado, 2 boiled eggs, 1 carrot, apple.

Dinner

2 fried eggs, olives, white potato.

Cashews/Almond session with child

Thoughts

The cashews/almond session would have been an ice cream or chocolate session.  My daughter came home upset and after a hug suggested we talk later in the evening.  So our comfort session was with cashews and almonds.  It worked really well.

Day 22

Friday 28th September 2018

Steps

Water Intake

??

Breakfast

2 boiled eggs, 1/2 avocado

Lunch

1 boiled egg, carrot, 1/2 avocado

Dinner

2 fried eggs, boiled potato, spinach, veg curry. Slice of melon.

Thoughts

An odd day today.  I felt 'out of sorts', I didn't seem to be able to get my brain into gear.

Day 23

Saturday 29th September 2018

Steps

Water Intake

??

Breakfast

3 egg mushroom, spinach and potato omelette,  1/2 avocado

Lunch

Cashews, salad, 3 boiled eggs, 1 apple

Dinner

2  boiled eggs, cashews

Thoughts

Today I was out all day and it was my weekend to travel south.  So I went to my first comic con, which was good fun.  My costume looked ace and also saw the beginning of the Pride parade.  I stopped into Primark and bought some new knickers, the saggy ones were getting on my nerves.  As I am not able to measure myself to see which size I needed, I just popped open a packet and held them up to me.  I then drove south and stayed Whole 30 for the day, even if I didn't eat enough.

Day 24

Sunday 30th September 2018

Steps

Water Intake

??

Breakfast

2 boiled eggs, baked potato, cashews.

Lunch

2 boiled eggs, cashews, carrot, apple, banana.

Dinner

3 boiled eggs, veg curry, cashews

Thoughts

Knickers fit fine.  I spent some time making new holes in my belts as they are all too big.  Today I drove home, so lunch was in the car.

Day 25

Monday 1st October 2018

Steps

Water Intake

??

Breakfast

3 fried eggs, hash browns, 1/2 avocado, veg curry with added spinach.

Lunch

2 boiled eggs, 1/2 avocado, spinach courgette stir fry.

Dinner

1 boiled egg, vegetable curry

Thoughts

My breakfasts have become full meals, served on a full size dinner plate. My breakfast is normally made up of left overs and things in the freezer.  I still cannot cook on a work day.

By the time I got to dinner, I didn't want to eat, but sat down and ate a small meal.  

I have realised that my meals have reversed, breakfast is now my largest meal of the day and dinner being the smallest.  In fact I often don't feel like dinner, but I have it anyway.

Extra Thoughts

I verge between being excited that I have nearly finished the 30 days and downhearted that there will be another 12 days for the re introduction or 9 days if I leave off the gluten.

I am eager to stop as Whole 30 has increased my food bill each week.  I put this down to the number of eggs, avocados, coconut oil and coconut aminos.

Last week I ordered a further 3 bottles of coconut aminos to get me to the end of Whole 30 plus the reintroduction days.  I am hoping soya isn't a problem so I can go back to Tamari which will be half the price of the coconut aminos.  I am also hoping legumes will not be a problem then there will be no need for the same volume of eggs.  I normally try to stick to the ones that are more easily digestible, like lentils.

I have also had thoughts about 'fats'.  At the moment I am trying to use avocados or olives rather than nuts at each meal.  I would rather have something that is more seasonal and grown locally, which is not avocados or olives.  I did buy some butter at the beginning of my Whole 30, but haven't made any ghee yet.  After reading an article about how cooking oil doesn't really count as most of it is left in the pan, I am unsure how to consume enough in a meal?  The only thing I can think of is foods that suck up oil when fried like mushrooms.  Something to think about.

Day 26

Tuesday 2nd October 2018

Steps

Water Intake

??

Breakfast

Hash browns, vegetable curry added spinach, 1/2 avocado, 2 boiled eggs.  Homemade tomato ketchup.

Lunch

pistachios, herbal tea

pre workout 1 boiled egg, 1/2 avocado

post workout egg white, sweet potato

Dinner

2 scrambled eggs, vegetable curry

Thoughts

Day 27

Wednesday 3rd October 2018

Steps

Water Intake

??

Breakfast

3 scrambled eggs, 1 avocado, vegetable curry, homemade tomato ketchup.

Lunch

2 boiled eggs, 1 egg yolk, cucumber, lettuce.

Dinner

3 fried eggs, vegetable curry made with onion, garlic, mushroom, pepper, carrot, spinach, kale, broccoli, white potato, sweet potato, courgette, spices, tinned tomatoes, homemade coconut milk.

Thoughts

The coconut milk was very easy to make.  I made it with organic dessicated coconut.  I didn't bother to strain it, I just poured it straight in the curry.

Day 28

Thursday 4th October 2018

Steps

Water Intake

??

Breakfast

3 scrambled eggs, vegetable curry and 1 avocado

Lunch

2 boiled eggs, carrot, apple

Dinner

3 fried eggs, vegetable curry 1/2 avocado.

almonds

Thoughts

I was trying to find out what the vegan Whole 30 is, but I couldn't find it anywhere on the website, so I bought the Kindle version of Food Freedom Forever.

I actually had enough time to eat my lunch in one go today.

I am trying to eat a whole avocado to get over the nuts.  However again, my child had a moan about her college day, so the almonds came out.

Day 29

Friday 5th October 2018

Steps

Water Intake

??

Breakfast

3 fried eggs, 1 avocado, small white potato, vegetable curry, homemade tomato ketchup.

Lunch

2 boiled eggs, 1/2 avocado, carrot, apple.

Dinner

I boiled egg, vegetable curry and olives.

Thoughts

I am here trying to persuade myself to eat dinner.

Okay, I ate.  It was all right.  I think this must be food boredom.  I have had sugar cravings today surprisingly, I am not sure why I am having them now.

Tomorrow is the last day.  I shall make dahl tomorrow for Sunday.  I shall never look at an egg in the same way again.

Day 30

Saturday 6th October 2018

Steps

Water Intake

??

Breakfast

3 fried eggs with homemade tomato ketchup
fried mushrooms with sweet pepper
Sliced fried potatoes
tinned tomatoes with a dash of coconut aminos.

Lunch

cashews

Dinner

cashews

Thoughts

I thought I would have a fry up this morning, so I ate within 2 hours of getting up.  After the fail of hash browns,  I decided to microwave the potatoes, then slice them, season them and fry them with onions.

Today was food shopping day so I was totally disorganised and didn't manage lunch and gave up on dinner.  So not very good for my last day.

I have been organising for the Whole 30 reintroduction.  

20181006_110642.jpg

Reflections on Whole 30

So this is the evening of day 30.  I will weigh and measure myself in the morning.  I am reflecting on the process now as it is not about weight.

I could probably go with a few more days, but I cannot manage anymore eggs.  I have committed to the ones I will eat on the reintroduction, but that's it. I feel like Cool Hand Luke ac1dcdeb6ed899090bbdf75bcb37b6c1.jpg

Now for the positives:

flatter stomach, 

I respond better to stress, fewer mood swings, virtual no sugar cravings, I no longer need an alarm clock to wake up, 

I no longer need to eat every 2 hours, I can go for hours between meals and feel okay, I no longer need sugar or caffeine to prop up my energy,

I have a healthier relationship with food, I practice mindful eating, I have learnt to listen to my body, I am no longer a slave to sugar and carbs, I know when I am hungry and not just craving, I have coping strategies to deal with cravings,

I have learnt how to make mealtime organised and efficient, I have a reduction in disordered eating habits, I have learnt some new recipes.

Would I do Whole 30 again?  Probably, but not very often and maybe only 21 days.

Thank you to forum member who promptly answered my questions.

Now onto the reintroduction.

Archived