My scale is missing!:(

CherylG

My scale is missing!! My husband hid it, upon request. I missed it this morning. It is a good thing though, so many times I get on and see the same weight (like it mysteriously disappeared overnight) and tell myself “Yep, still fatâ€. I always tell myself that I say this in jest. But, it is nice, and certainly not funny. I would never say anything like that to my best friend. Plus, this is truly about health with a hopeful side effect of weight loss.

I hear you on this! I am not starting my Whole30 until Monday and I plan on putting away the scales for the duration. I put waaaay too much focus on that blasted thing. Weighing myself can make or break my outlook for the day, which is ridiculous. Even with being aware of that, however, I am debating whether or not to get on them one more time before I start. :unsure:

My scale is missing!! My husband hid it, upon request. I missed it this morning. It is a good thing though, so many times I get on and see the same weight (like it mysteriously disappeared overnight) and tell myself “Yep, still fatâ€. I always tell myself that I say this in jest. But, it is nice, and certainly not funny. I would never say anything like that to my best friend. Plus, this is truly about health with a hopeful side effect of weight loss.

Mine sits and sulks in the corner of the bathroom. I went on for the start of this Whole100 and didn't like what it said. Then I remembered that I've lost inches, feel much better and don't really give a fig what it says anymore anyway....

Awesome job getting rid of your scale. Now, don't be posting that you cajoled, bribed or took your husband hostage to find out it's whereabouts. :)

I took mine down to my neighbor who has a daily weighing addiction. I felt a little bad being a scale pimp but so happy the evil item is out of my house. I haven't weighed myself since before my first W30 August of 2011.

"Scale pimp" - too funny!

Awesome job getting rid of your scale. Now, don't be posting that you cajoled, bribed or took your husband hostage to find out it's whereabouts. :)

I took mine down to my neighbor who has a daily weighing addiction. I felt a little bad being a scale pimp but so happy the evil item is out of my house. I haven't weighed myself since before my first W30 August of 2011.

The box of doom!! LOL!!

I miss mine too, they (2) are under a clothing rack in the back bedroom. I'm on a Whole100, and I decided to weigh every 30 days. I really NEED to release some excess weight, my feet hurt, sometimes my chest hurts...but it's not the only thing any more.

Haha, I had to hide my scale too! I mean, I know where it is but it's out of sight, out of mind! On my last Whole30 I didn't move it very far so I found myself sneaking in weigh ins, especially as I saw that I was losing weight (not my goal, just a bonus) so I kept thinking that was how I was measuring my progress. I know, bad! It was a very dangerous habit!

"Box of doom" great discription! "Scale pimp" too funny! I am glad to know that I am not the only one who covets/loathes the scale. I am quite sure my husband would not give in, plus I would kill him for that. I am sure it is not hidden very well.

The scale proves nothing! It can't tell me that I am not quite as tired, that my sinus issures are clearing, that my dull headaches are almost silent or that my boobs are now the biggest bump on my front!

I hear you on this! I am not starting my Whole30 until Monday and I plan on putting away the scales for the duration. I put waaaay too much focus on that blasted thing. Weighing myself can make or break my outlook for the day, which is ridiculous. Even with being aware of that, however, I am debating whether or not to get on them one more time before I start. :unsure:

I would definitely weigh, measure and take some pics before.

Oh yeah it's fine to have one more peek before you start. I also found a good measurement to take is around your tummy pudge (if you have it :ph34r: ) because you will definitely see deflation there.

It's the only measurement I take anymore! I guess we can tell what's important to me, lol!

I would like to see the scales get lighter on my whole100 as its a looooong time but I am doing the 100 to repair my digestion and to prove to myself I can eat what my body needs without ever again worrying about getting fat and to do that I have to trust myself and my body to figure it out as well as give it enough time to equilibrate. It is a bit scary though having no idea what I weigh. I guess my "you have stuffed this up" marker is if my clothes get tighter.... rather than looser or the same.

I like "mechanical box of doom", or in my case "digital box of doom". Either way, glad to see it go! My husband hid mine away too, at my request. Mine was particularly evil, as it displayed my body fat percentage as well. Boo. That said, I don't feel like I've lost any weight, so I'm not missing it so much yet. Yes, I know, I shouldn't be missing it at all!

I actually threw mine away when I moved a few years ago. The only gym I have with a trustworthy scale I'm only there twice a week so if I want to weigh myself it has to be on Tues or Thurs. I am so glad I did that although now I have a Whole30 Day 3 weigh in instead of a Day 1. Small price to pay for mental freedom that comes with not having it look at me every morning when I get out of the shower.

Archived