Recommended Posts

Hi and thank you for popping in to help!!

I'm stumped.  I have 4 rounds under my belt and leading a group now through the September Whole30 and have hit an interesting problem.  

One of my little birds is having NO side effects. 

Background - Male, 6"3', 330ish lbs, coming off a lifetime of standard american diet and fad/yoyo dieting.  He is amazing, dedicated, willing to try new foods, and has truly given himself to the process.  We are on Day 6 and while the rest of us TRUDGE through the day, he's noted that his energy is the same as ever, though his bathroom problems have started clearing up.  I've reviewed his food journal and everything seems spot on, I noted to him to eat a little more healthy fats since they seem to be lacking and to drink more water, but other than that, he is 100% a model student.  The good progressions seem to be coming, just not not the grogginess/fogginess/sleepiness/stabbiness...

Why is it that he feels so good??   Not that I want him to feel bad, but you know what I mean.  He is concerned he's not doing something right because he's not having the same tiredness and crankiness etc as the rest of us are reporting.  This is the first male I've guided, is it different for the boys with the hormone fluctuations or is he just one of the lucky ones who feels human while detoxing the first week??

Any help or guidance that can be provided would be super helpful.  I'd LOVE to be an official coach someday, so I'm trying to make each group a learning experience.

 

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sometimes some people are lucky and they don't have the detox side effects.  If you've seen his food log, just check to make sure that fruit and nuts aren't being used to prop up cravings or give that sugar high that can temporarily assuage feeling tired or groggy... I would also mention to him that it's possible that he's behind on the timeline and his time to feel icky is coming... or it may never... each person is different - 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, SugarcubeOD said:

Sometimes some people are lucky and they don't have the detox side effects.  If you've seen his food log, just check to make sure that fruit and nuts aren't being used to prop up cravings or give that sugar high that can temporarily assuage feeling tired or groggy... I would also mention to him that it's possible that he's behind on the timeline and his time to feel icky is coming... or it may never... each person is different - 

Thank you so much for your quick answer!  I warned him before we started that he wasn't to have nuts more than every other day (he's a snacker and over indulges on nuts) and his fruit intake is great, so we'll see if he's on a longer timeline or he's he's just a lucky ducky.  Thank you again!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For what it's worth, I didn't experience any side-effects on my first Whole30, despite that I ate a truly awful diet before starting Whole30 (think Cocoa Puffs/Lucky Charms for breakfast and tubs of ice cream for dessert). Generally, I'm just a person who isn't strongly affected by foods. Perhaps your friend is the same?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/6/2018 at 11:16 PM, kirbz said:

For what it's worth, I didn't experience any side-effects on my first Whole30, despite that I ate a truly awful diet before starting Whole30 (think Cocoa Puffs/Lucky Charms for breakfast and tubs of ice cream for dessert). Generally, I'm just a person who isn't strongly affected by foods. Perhaps your friend is the same?

That could be!  He doesn't get much of a hangover when drinking, so he could just be a lucky guy!  (Thank you for your prompt help... I'm getting to know the forums and just now saw your reply *facepalm)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 I’m on day 19 and the only side effects I’ve noticed are that I no longer nap. My house is cleaner. I have had no collitis attacks since I started whole 30. I am so happy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Miriam71 said:

 I’m on day 19 and the only side effects I’ve noticed are that I no longer nap. My house is cleaner. I have had no collitis attacks since I started whole 30. I am so happy. 

Those are awesome NSVs!  I'm glad you're getting all the good stuff!!  :-D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now