Shannon's Whole30

xx_firefly

Day 18

Breakfast: Scrambled eggs with salsa, sweet potato toast with guacamole, blackberries & cinnamon (I know...weird combo), coffee & creamer

NSV: I didn't snack during my first break at work!

Lunch: Safe-catch tuna on top of salad (lettuce, tomato, onion, 1 avocado, balsamic dressing), 1 tangerine, water

Snack/Pre-workout (of sorts): Wholly Guacamole & grapes, Chomps stick w/ ketchup

Dinner: baked potato with olive oil, salt, pepper & creamy ranch, water

Overall: I feel like I'm kind of defeated (but not really...). For the past 2 years I've really been trying to like things such as sweet potatoes, cauliflower, tuna and La Criox. But the more I eat them, the more I don't like them. I had to have sips of coffee just to get my sweet potato toasts down. And I barely managed to get the rest of my tuna down with just water and  a tangerine. So maybe I should just give up on these and focus on what I do like. So overall.....a defeat, but not really. At least I got to eat guacamole with no shame, go the gym (I need to do that more often after work), and end my night with a baked potato. :)

Day 19

Breakfast: Eggs, salsa, hash, hot sauce & chimichurri in a mug, 1 tangerine, 5(give or take) grapes, coffee & creamer

Lunch: The last of my meatballs + 1/2 my remaining hash w/ BBQ sauce, guacamole (yes...I like it straight out of the packaging.......it's been like an obsession for years.........), water

Dinner: Some awesome Zoe's Kitchen with a homemade green salad
   *Shrimp Kabob w/ italian salsa verde
   *Grilled potato salad

Snack: Fresh Fruit

Overall: A pretty good day. Didn't snack on anything at work again (even though I worked a 7 1/2 hour shift today...yay!). Also, I actually ordered food for the first time. It was at Zoe's Kitchen...and yes, I did scour their menu to find things that had the Whole30 stamp of approval (all within 15 minutes). Must I say...it was quite a delicious meal! 

Also, I managed to score a pretty big victory today. My parents had schnitzel & pan fried potatoes. My father literally does the BEST pan fried potatoes ever (I always have heaping servings of those). But somehow...I didn't even have a bite....Not one....It took major will-power, but I did it. :D

Finally.....am I on day 19 already?!?! #holycow 

Day 20

Breakfast: Chia w/ creamer, fruit left from last night's Zoe's dinner, strawberries, 1 date...coffee & creamer

Snack: Tangerine

Lunch: Rotisserie chicken, mustard & blackberries wrapped in Turkey (from applegate)

Snack:........RX bar......(I'l explain)

Dinner pt. 1: 1 egg, chimichurri sauce & salsa in a mug, blackberries

Dinner pt 2.: steamed shrimp w/ old bay, collard greens, water

Overall: Today, I finally met my sugar dragon. I don't know what to name her yet, but she came out roaring this morning. I did a bit of an experiment with breakfast by adding 1 date to my chia mix. After finishing that right up, I could feel my body wanting more sugar stat. I managed to calm it down with my coffee & creamer blend, but that was something I had not experienced before.

Everything was fine until the afternoon. I took a trip up the highway and stopped at some connivence stores along the way. I was perusing around and my eyes glanced at an RX bar that was on the shelf.....*cue sugar dragon*.  My brain immediately told me that I wanted that RX bar, and I ended up getting it as a munchie. It is a very powerful thing indeed.

Third point I wanna make is.....today was also the first day that I did not feel like cooking one damn thing. My mind just didn't want me to do it. My meal prep options were on the low side today, and that plus my I don't wanna cook mindset led me to eating simpler stuff instead. This is the first time I have experienced this during the Whole30. Thankfully, I did plan out my week 4 menu and will definitely be whipping up some stuff in the kitchen tomorrow.

So overall, this was not as good of a day as I have had. I gave into my sugar dragon which emerged for the first time in a long time. But in the end, I'm going to take this into stride and move forward. I have already seen so much progress doing this, and honestly.....doing this any longer just isn't an option for me (mentally).

20 days down, 10 more to go (program wise). :)

Day 21

Since yesterday was a "I don't fee like cooking a damn thing" kind of a day........today turned out to be a "I don't wanna eat a damn thing today".

Today was a big struggle-bus for me. I only had 1 full meal (and I'm feeling the effects of that). But my brain/conscience simply did not want me to eat. Maybe it was Aunt Flo's fault, maybe other factors were contributing to this, but my food consisted of the following.

Coffe & creamer

2 Bananas

5 strawberries

1/2 plum

1 Naked Green Machine

A few pistachios

And finally...dinner, which consisted of: 1 Chili Lime Chicken Burger, 2 fried eggs, roasted salsa, salad w/ balsamic dressing & water.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So after doing much reflecting and thinking, this is where I am going to end this journey (for now). My reasonings for this are below.

https://xthatrandomstrangerx.wordpress.com/2018/09/30/well-then/

Until next time everyone.....

Archived