Drug addiction to Food addiction- help getting started?

brandyontherun

8 years ago I was addicted to drugs and alcohol; I got sober, became active, and started a new life and routine successfully until about 6 months ago.  In December, I developed a back injury and it limited my ability to be active.... then I started full time work in April (after 8 years of working pt, and being in school for 5 yrs) and have been struggling ever since.  I've been eating so much that I've gained 20lbs, have started developing new physical symptoms, my routine is a mess, and I'm just really struggling with how much I rely on food as both a coping mechanism and as a social crutch (work and eating out it huge).

I'm reaching out to other supports, but I'm wondering also if the whole30 (or 60) can help as well.  I've been on the fence and having a hard time taking the leap.  

I did the whole 30 one year ago and saw so many great improvements in how I felt..... but went back to sugar shortly after.  Yet this is the worst my relationship with food has ever been.  

I'm posting here for some accountability and maybe to get the push I need to start really planning this instead of just thinking about it.  

I have the original whole30 book; if you have additional recommendations for resources, please share!

18 hours ago, brandyontherun said:

8 years ago I was addicted to drugs and alcohol; I got sober, became active, and started a new life and routine successfully until about 6 months ago.  In December, I developed a back injury and it limited my ability to be active.... then I started full time work in April (after 8 years of working pt, and being in school for 5 yrs) and have been struggling ever since.  I've been eating so much that I've gained 20lbs, have started developing new physical symptoms, my routine is a mess, and I'm just really struggling with how much I rely on food as both a coping mechanism and as a social crutch (work and eating out it huge).

I'm reaching out to other supports, but I'm wondering also if the whole30 (or 60) can help as well.  I've been on the fence and having a hard time taking the leap.  

I did the whole 30 one year ago and saw so many great improvements in how I felt..... but went back to sugar shortly after.  Yet this is the worst my relationship with food has ever been.  

I'm posting here for some accountability and maybe to get the push I need to start really planning this instead of just thinking about it.  

I have the original whole30 book; if you have additional recommendations for resources, please share!

I like Food Freedom Forever, but I have the Fast & Easy cookbook, the original Whole 30 and the Day By day. I frequently refer to them all for inspiration. 

Id love to partner with you for accountability and encouragement. 

Archived