Reflux caused by not eating grains and having more acid

• Moderators

So I guess it's possible eating grains was keeping you from having heartburn, but it might be more likely that without grains in your diet, you're eating more of something that is causing these symptoms. I know a lot of people feel tomatoes make  their heartburn symptoms worse, or spicy foods, or for some people, coconut products.

If you've kept a food diary, can you pinpoint anything that changed around the time you started having symptoms? Like, did you suddenly have more tomatoes than usual, or more of something else? 

Some people find that taking apple cider vinegar helps with heartburn, but others find it makes it worse, you could read up on that if it's something you want to try. Or if it's really bad, especially if it doesnt seem to get better with over the counter remedies, you might want to talk to your doctor. 

• 3 weeks later...

I had reflux issues on days 2-15, approximately. I can’t remember, the exact days. I ate pretty well beforehand and didn’t feel like this. I tried Apple cider vinegar, sometimes in the middle of the night, which helped for a little bit. I would wake up with reflux and feel wide awake. Normally, if I don’t feel good, I can sleep through it, but it was the perfect storm of reflux and insomnia. I bought some enzymes from Source Naturals and that was so helpful. 

Thanks for your reply. I don’t think I have reflux or ccept I tend to clear my throat as if I have post nasal drip and it all the tone. Someone said it was reflux, someone else said cancer of the throat and someone else said it was eating too much acid like all the salads and tomatoes I eat. I’ve given up trying to figure it out. But I’ve lost almost 40 lbs since feb and that feels a lot better and I eat mostly whole 30

• 1 month later...

I have severe acid reflux and gastritis after starting this program, I hope it gets better. Had to resort to taking nexium. If that doesn't help I guess back to the doctor. I'm not used to eating that much animal protein. Could that be it? Also the reason why I wanted to do whole30 was to help with my digestive issues. But they are alot worse now. Any suggestions?

Archived