Accidental Honey Consumption

Gracie W

I am on my first Whole 30. This is Day 11 for me. About 3 days ago I turned some invisible corner and have been feeling great. This morning I accidentally grabbed my husband's coffee cup, took a swallow and was horrified to realize my mistake - I tasted honey!! Will I need to restart the program and consider this day 1?

Gracie W

Well, it appears that I technically need to start over due to one accidental sip from the wrong coffee cup........This is discouraging. I was just starting to feel good and things were clicking, now it's back to square one (if I'm making the correct interpretation).

• Moderators

@Gracie W what you could do is keep going for now, and when you're closer to day 30, then think about if you feel like continuing on to get 30 straight days with no mess ups. Or think of it as a Whole41, since this happened on day 11 -- sometimes psychologically people find that a little less discouraging than starting over at day 1.  

Ultimately, you are an adult, and if you decide it's just not worth it to you to start over, or to add days to the end to get the full 30, that's totally up to you, you're the only one who can make that call. 

Thank you ShannonM816. After thinking about it overnight, that's kind of the way I was thinking of approaching it. I had been toying with the idea of a whole 45 since the beginning anyway, so if I feel like that closer to the end of my 30 days it won't matter in the end I guess.

Archived