Starting Oct 1

couchnest

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good Morning, My fiance and I started today as well.  My fiance and I lasted about two weeks in September but work commitments and unexpected travel ended up derailing us, so we have set out to start again this month.  Also, its perfect that the 1st lands on a Monday, its a double fresh start.  We are looking forward to completing our first Whole 30 this month with all of you!

I’m also starting today! Sitting here drinking my tea with Nut milk and no sugar..... this is the habit I think will be hardest for me to break (morning caffeinated drink with no sugar or dairy).

I love to cook and have tried a lot of the recipes already, so feel pretty good about that, though I’m still a little intimidated by 30 days of compliancy!

I’m hoping my Whole30 helps with my energy levels, which have been waning a lot over the past few years.... and migraines, joint pain, thyroid issues.

my 15-year old daughter is doing the Whole30 with me, which should be helpful. She’s an athlete so it’ll be interesting to see how it affects her athletic performance.

Looking forward to hearing about others’ experiences!

Started this morning.  With our cruise last week and drive back yesterday we didn't have much meal prep time.  So I just cooked up a bunch of chicken breast with some onions, and roasted a half dozen sweet potatoes.  We'll be playing it by ear this week versus our July Whole30 but we learned so much during that one that we can really do it off the cuff now.  Next week I plan on doing more meal prep and some more fun meals to have for dinner and then lunch the following day but this week...not so much.  

Fortunately versus July, I've totally removed caffeine from my life and it hasn't crept back in - so I won't have that to deal with.  My wife and I just want to get back in stride following the cruise so here we are again.  Feel free to add me on Instagram as I tend to take lots of pictures of various food pairings and I find it fun to do with others as well!

We're definitely cutting down on nuts this time.  I think we overconsumed them during July after re-reading sections of the book and also posts here.  I had thought about doing an AIP Whole30 but with the lack of meal prep time it just wasn't going to happen.  Maybe next one.

@pags98 on Instagram.  

how's it going everyone? I had almond milk in my chai tea this morning and i added cinnamon.  tasted much better than i thought!  then i ate one of my prepared egg bites and a banana for brekkie.  Work lunch so far a mini can of tuna and carrots,green peppers with Primal Kitchen green goddess dressing as dip.  still have pistachios and apple with almond butter here in my lunch bag for later. so far i feel really full surprisingly

@Betsie_n that looks good!! It's becoming pumpkin spice season there right? :) we don't really have that flavor here but it's al over the internet when It's october, so funny. 

@bambinamamma sounds like a great first day. Good job. 

I survived my first day, but it's not really my first day because my darling husband put lemonade in my (not see trough) water bottle and I took a big sip this morning. Kind of a bummer, but I decided to make the rest of my day compliant and to just add a day at the end. Kind of proud of myself for not derailing completely and just start tomorrow. Had eggs for breakfast (my fave, I always have eggs for breakfast (since my first whole30 3 years ago) so this is not a change), salad as lunch and for diner steak with avocado and vegetables. Feel exited that I started again. 

On 9/27/2018 at 2:00 PM, Helen44 said:

Excited to be starting my Whole30 on 1 October.  I'm so ready for this.

I completed my first Whole30 more than seven years ago and from then maintained a healthy paleo eating style for many years.  A holiday in France and Italy derailed me, so I'm excited about a reset.

Good luck all, hang in there through the first few uncomfortable days.  It's totally worth it.

H x

@Betsie_n Wow, that looks great.  I'm going to try this tomorrow morning for my breakfast.  It will be an improvement on my standard omelette.

Day 1 is over for me as I'm in Australia.  I'm sure I ate a little too much yesterday. However, I'm confident I'll resolve that over the next few days as I adjust.

Day 1 has been pretty good! Wasn't here over the weekend to prep, but I made it to the store this afternoon (made due with plain eggs and fruit for breakfast) and have all week planned out! Dinner tonight is taco salad - Newman's Own mild salsa is compliant! 

IMG_20181001_175416.jpg

Hi Everyone!

i started my 2nd round of Whole 30 today.  I did the first round back in March and was more successful than I could have believed! I lost 15 pounds, tons of inches, and most importantly really changed the way I look at food.  I have not gained any weight back, but am needing another reset, as I let a few bad habits slide back in - Cokes are my downfall! Anyway last time, the forums were super helpful and helped kept me distracted at night, when I tend to be a bored eater.  So far so good for Day 1!  I won’t lie, it is not easy to remain compliant, but the results are worth it.  If you’ve ever struggled with food, this will help.  I found the first week the hardest, and sadly I never got tiger blood (hopefully this time!).  I recommend printing off the calendar on the website that shows a day by day of what you may be feeling, it gave me a good visual reminder as well as showing me what I should be experiencing each day.  Hang in there, you CAN do this!

Joining you all! I’m starting NOW though I can’t count today because I didn’t know I was doing this until after lunch. So I’ll call this day 0. But I had a great compliant dinner. I’ve done this in the past; about 3 years ago. I’m not in a great place physically right now and I want to start with food. 

On 9/20/2018 at 6:03 PM, BatyaChavaGeee said:

I'm also starting on October 1st! Mostly because it's a Monday and Monday is for starting things, and so is the first of the month. Also my birthday is on the 27th, and my boyfriend's already planned tacos and beer. 

I lost 60 pounds almost two years ago now by starting to exercise consistently and tracking my macros. I'm happy with my weight now, but I feel like my athletic performance has stalled lately. Everyone says "have you tried cleaning up your diet? You should go paleo, dude." (It's CrossFit, we all call each other, "dude".) 

I'm also kind of at my wits end with my mental health. I was diagnosed with bipolar disorder type II a while back, and we've yet to find any medication that makes much of a difference. Exercising regularly made a dramatic difference in evening out my mood, but now whatever benefit I gained from that has levelled off. And it's not good enough, even if it's better than it was before because I'm still cycling and it's still really holding me back in my career, and relationships, and as a mother... Maybe it's the dairy. Though, to be honest, I'll be a little pissed if I've been suffering for all these years and the solution was to stop eating greek yogurt. 

I starting preparing a couple weeks ago, fo I've already starting sticking up on compliant panty item and have dozen upon dozens of recipes bookmarked. I've convinced my parents to join me and told my son he has no choice. Ten more days!

Dairy was a big one for me!  I didn’t want to admit it, because yogurt and cottage cheese were my go-to’s for protein. Honestly, I’ve eaten very little dairy since my first round. I noticed a huge difference in my belly, the bloat just went away!  I have some cheese here and there, so I don’t feel super deprived.  Good luck!

30 minutes ago, ebutton25 said:

Day 1 has been pretty good! Wasn't here over the weekend to prep, but I made it to the store this afternoon (made due with plain eggs and fruit for breakfast) and have all week planned out! Dinner tonight is taco salad - Newman's Own mild salsa is compliant! 

IMG_20181001_175416.jpg

That looks great! I just made taco spaghetti for lunches this week.  Just use zoodles and it’s very filling! Thanks for the tip on the salsa.  I made my own on my first round which was awesome, but it’s great to have a convenience for last minute decisions!

I’m starting today as well!  Spent the last month doing low carb but still drinking wine.  My weight loss stalled and I knew I needed to jump in with both feet.  I’ve never done no dairy, but I have terrible allergies and am probably lactose intolerant (always so much pleghm after dairy), I’m interested in how cutting it out will make me feel.  Super motivated and determined!

I'm on Day 2 here in UK and doing OK so far. Hubby made a compliant Bolognese sauce on Sunday so I've been having that with salad leaves for Meal 1. Scrambled eggs with baby spinach for lunch yesterday and my pulled pork with green beans for supper last night. A few berries and a banana mid afternoon which I know is not compliant but I know from previous W30's that my need to snack mid afternoon will disappear within a day or two. 

I went shopping and stocked up on cans of compliant coconut milk, compliant mayo and a large jar of black olives. I made ghee. And I am feeling positive. I am just brining some chicken breasts to freeze (á la Well fed One page 69) which is something I do regularly as it really is the best chicken you have ever eaten. 

Have a great Day 2 x

here we go Day 2! i couldn't believe how full i felt all day yesterday! having basically the same brekkie and lunch again.  Tonight will be stuffed peppers with moose, mushroom and butternut squash inside. I'm very lucky about our meat as a lot of what we eat is hunted fresh by my DH. 

Oh my goodness, I am dying today.  Yesterday was okay, but I woke up with a killer headache - caffeine and sugar withdrawals, I'm sure. I've drank a ton of water, and it got a little better after I ate lunch (taco "spaghetti" yum), but it's still here just not quite as horrible. Ugh, this is the worst part for me.

3 minutes ago, Jeanne M said:

Oh my goodness, I am dying today.  Yesterday was okay, but I woke up with a killer headache - caffeine and sugar withdrawals, I'm sure. I've drank a ton of water, and it got a little better after I ate lunch (taco "spaghetti" yum), but it's still here just not quite as horrible. Ugh, this is the worst part for me.

I feel ya! I'm tired today, but I think it's more due to not sleeping well last night and the rainy day weather we're having today....though I'm not sure why I didn't sleep well - food or other? I usually don't have issues with sleep, so who knows. Yes, drink ALL THE WATER, especially for the next few days. I'm trying to do the same! I also think upping fat content the first few days helps get things leveled off - eat those avocados!

I'm otherwise on track. Trying to get out of snacking mode. I did have a few slices of dried apples and a peach for dessert last night, but I try to give myself some grace the first few days. 

What I'm not looking forward to is having oral surgery tomorrow. I guess the upside is that I won't feel like eating, but what to eat is harder. I've got some chicken soup in the freezer and I'm going to make a batch of hard boiled eggs and I've got quite a bit of fruit - and of course, avocados. Hopefully those will sustain me. While smoothies are technically ok during W30, I may need to have a couple to survive depending on how things go. 

Hope everyone is going strong so far!
Betsie

Today I definitely don't feel good.  Not sure if it's from not having my allergy medication the last few days or if it's Whole30 related.  Hopefully just today and tomorrow then I'll be feeling better.  Yesterday I had no issues at all.  

Archived