Starting Oct 1

couchnest

Day 2, Eggs and bruschetta for breakfast, meatloaf sweet potato and veggies for supper had a banana with compliant almond butter for a snack. I know I didnt eat enough, but ended up with a bad schedule today. Not really hungry. Had to take hubby to the docs to pick up something in the middle of home canning stewed tomatoes. Will make stuffed pepper soup tomorrow and will still have leftover meatloaf

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Two compliant days so far, but my throat and sinuses seem really swollen, which is weird.  Made a beet salad and chicken meatballs tonight, which were delicious, but I also made a batch of the Thai coconut soup, which tasted terrible.  Not sure what I did wrong...  it was definitely too much lime I think.  But I followed the recipe!

312116F0-C8D5-4C64-B5D7-85BE2D1B338A.jpeg

Day 3 in UK. I am up early as I have to get Meal 1 in a good three hours before I get to the gym for a PT session. Two hard boiled eggs, a chunk of cucumber and a small dollop of mayo. And black coffee. I don't normally eat breakfast as I fast from 8pm to 1pm each day. It's what I am struggling with the most. I feel nauseous now and I'm hoping that wears off before 11. Also I usually add BCAA's (Branch Chain Amino Acids) to my water bottle to keep me energised at the gym but they contain sucralose :(  Wish me luck!! 

Have a great Day 3 x

Day 3 is starting off poorly!  Did great the past two days other than a massive headache, even went to the movies last night and avoided all the candy, popcorn and Cokes!  Today, packed up my pre-prepped breakfast, lunch and snack, only to get to work and have computer issues - ugh.  Took an hour to resolve and I'm so stressed I just want to eat all the pizza I can get my hands on...

Just have to keep reminding myself, I did this once before with awesome results, gotta hang in there and not let the stress eating kick in

• Administrators
44 minutes ago, Jeanne M said:

Day 3 is starting off poorly!  Did great the past two days other than a massive headache, even went to the movies last night and avoided all the candy, popcorn and Cokes!  Today, packed up my pre-prepped breakfast, lunch and snack, only to get to work and have computer issues - ugh.  Took an hour to resolve and I'm so stressed I just want to eat all the pizza I can get my hands on...

Just have to keep reminding myself, I did this once before with awesome results, gotta hang in there and not let the stress eating kick in

Also, pizza isn't going to DO anything to help your day. It won't fix your computer, it won't ease your headache, it won't magically make your rough morning smooth. It's just cheese on dough.............stay strong! Make sure you're eating enough food overall, drinking enough water and salting your food. 

• Moderators
9 hours ago, forestrunner said:

Not sure what I did wrong...  it was definitely too much lime I think.

If you put the lime in with the rind, it will make your soup super bitter... I did that once thinking if zest and lime juice are good, the whole lime must be better... ya, no.  Not sure that's what you did but thought I'd throw that out there.

Hi all! I 'm Val and I just joined! I started my Whole30 on October 1st as well! Little bit about me, I have lost approx. 60 pounds so far on my own, but still have another 20 to go, I started this program because there was a part of me that knew I had some issues yet to be resolved with food. I not-so-jokingly refer to my sinuses as that of "an Old English Bulldog," and when I picked up the book it was either Whole30 or sinus surgery. I thought I'd try the food option. I mostly eat pretty healthy, but coming from Wisconsin, cheese isn't just a food group--it's a way of life lol! A part of me knew that whenever I ate dairy or other foods my sinuses would get exponentially worse. So there was a big ol' strike two for starting the Whole30. 

Finally, I've had Lupus since I was 12. It's mostly mild, but growing up with it I've heard horror stories about people with Lupus and have always been conscious of it ever since. Met with my Doc back in February and he confirmed that it's in remission now! But, again, I always am looking to improve and get better, and I'd like to see what being on Whole30 could do in terms of fixing that. 

So! 1, 2, 3 strikes for doing Whole30! I started on Monday, and to tell the truth I actually feel great! The ranch dip recipe is the new love of my life and I've been enjoying a delish loaded cauliflower soup recipe that I made with W30 compliant bacon and coconut milk...SO good! 

I feel like the bottom is going to drop out from under me though, that I'm going to wake up tomorrow feeling like I got beat with a baseball bat. But who knows? I'm going to keep doing what I'm doing, and hopefully things continue to get better. :-)

Hi, I started my whole30 on Oct 1 as well.  Looking forward to finding some support and encouragement on here.  So far so good.  I started because the older I get the more aches and pains I have.  I am hoping this will help me lose weight (I am the heaviest I have ever been) but also help eliminate all the pains.  The first 3 days have been great but I know it will get harder but I am determined to make it.

Glad we have so many onboard for October.  Welcome to the new folks.  Day 3 isn't so bad for me so far.  I did wake up with a hangover like headache (had the same during my July Whole30 so I knew to expect it).  My flu-like symptoms from yesterday are gone - so I'm not sure if it's that I'm back on my Zyrtec or if it's the Whole30 blues.  Either way it's gone so I'm happy.  

I've had Chipotle for lunch the last two days and I wish I could get a straight answer on their Chorizo but given that there's conflicting information I've stuck with the Carnitas.  Next week's lunches will be planned though so I can get more variety. 

Hoping to be able to start my exercise regimen again tomorrow as I have a 5k at the end of the month and I want to keep improving my pace each time.

Day 3 in the hole.  Had leftovers for breakfast (chicken mushroom mash) and lunch (another beet salad with chicken meatballs).  Then a paleo salad with carne asada for dinner.  Sinuses and throat still giving me grief, though...  it’s as if there isn’t any mucus in them but they’re all gummy and I feel like I need to suck it down or cough it up.  Nothing comes.  Has anyone else experienced this?

So good to hear about all the successful day 3’s from everyone! I’m on day 2 since I got a late start but it was a whole lot of nothing. Ate my food as planned. Didn’t think much about it. We’ll see how tomorrow goes! I tend to worry more about the weekend. More restaurants, more going to other peoples houses, etc. more planning required. 

Day 4 and I'm going great guns. Pan fried chicken fillets with baby spinach and green beans and mayo for Meal 1. And some coconut milk with lovely fresh tasting green grapes and a few slivered almonds. 

When I get back into eating all this lovely food it makes me wonder why I ever stop. This is my 4th Whole 30 and it's like welcoming an old and very good friend back into my home. 

One thing I am doing differently this time is weighing myself each day. It's something I do and I am interested to see how/when the weight and inches come off, Whole 30 has never let me down in that respect so this is just for my personal interest. The mods won't like it but I've always been a rebel ;) 

Have a great Day 4 October First-ers x

Ironically I feel like the second time around is harder for me.  The first time it was the accomplishment that drove me, this time I feel like "done this before I've already proven I can so why should I keep going?"  That's just the easy and bad food talking to me when I'm tired and didn't have time to meal prep this weekend.  So last night I doubled down and meal prepped some more mid-week.  Made some Lemon and Kale Riced Cauliflower, Chicken Chorizo and pre-baked some spaghetti squash to make it easier to cook dinner tonight.  :) 

I feel great and I'm with you @SharynF on the weighing but yeah....I save my inches until the end, but weight is something I love to monitor.  So I guess until I don't weigh I won't be able to say I'm officially a Whole30 completer but the process (and progress) intrigue me.

2 hours ago, SharynF said:

When I get back into eating all this lovely food it makes me wonder why I ever stop. This is my 4th Whole 30 and it's like welcoming an old and very good friend back into my home. 

This is so relatable for me. This is also round 4 for me and I know I'm not gonna feel this way the entire 30 days but I'm starting to feel all the good things good food can bring me again and I always feel that I should never stop. With maybe a meal here or there that's not compliant but I feel so much better already. 

Great sleep, it's here, yay. I love how the Whole30 makes me sleep. I don't have any sleep issues but I get very vivid dreams when I'm on the whole30 pretty much straight away and I love it. I always remember them long after I wake up and It's like I have this second life in my dreams, if that makes sense. 

About the weighing: I almost never weigh myself because if I do then I have the habbit of making days where I weigh more "bad" days (so negative days where I feel bad about myself and how I look) and days where I weigh less "good" days. So I did weigh myself on day 0 and gonna do it on day 30. Because I always lose a good amount on the whole 30 and that makes me feel proud and motivated.. But if weighing is something that is a habit and has no affect on your day than I understand why you would want to keep doing it. 

Hi everyone! Day 4 of my first Whole30. My first few days were pretty good, although I was kind of sleepy the last two days. I didn’t sleep very well last night, and I have a bit of a headache and not as much of an appetite so far. I’m sure some of that is from the poor sleep. 

I’m doing the Whole30 because I have been dealing with chronic hives since March of this year. My doctor and I have suspicions that it may be related to leaky gut and/or food sensitivities, so we thought it would be worthwhile for me to try an elimination diet. The Whole30 looked like a good place to start. I’m trying my best to not take any antihistamines so I can monitor the frequency/severity of my hives throughout the month. Coloring has been a great distraction so far to keep myself from itching. I’m curious to see what comes of this month and especially with the reintroduction.

Hi all- I had oral surgery on day 3 so it was a challenging day for food. I ate compliant food but definitely did not meet the meal template, which is fine given the situation.

The biggest win was day 2 when I was so anxious about the surgery I wanted to eat ALL THE THINGS! I have some PTSD from several prior surgeries so I was terrified. I stayed on track and today I'm able to eat semi normal so I think I'm going to live. 

Cheers to day 4!

Betsie

Hi Everyone, day 4 is going well and I am so optimistic that I am going to get through this.  The weekend though will be tough as I love a drink or two on the weekends but I have told my hubby that I am sticking to this program and to not make a big deal about it.  I have been loving the food but today was not as organized and not much for lunch but I will survive until I get home.  Lets do this!

5 hours ago, VioletRose said:

About the weighing: I almost never weigh myself because if I do then I have the habbit of making days where I weigh more "bad" days (so negative days where I feel bad about myself and how I look) and days where I weigh less "good" days. So I did weigh myself on day 0 and gonna do it on day 30. Because I always lose a good amount on the whole 30 and that makes me feel proud and motivated.. But if weighing is something that is a habit and has no affect on your day than I understand why you would want to keep doing it. 

I understand the 'good day/bad day' scenario but I talked myself out of it years ago. Now it's just a number on a spreadsheet. I am almost 40lbs into a 70 or 80lb weight loss so it's never going to be quick or steady. As long as the number on the first of each month is a bit lower than the previous month I am happy. 

Day 4 Check-in: Nothing too crazy happening, still feeling pretty good! I had a co-worker tell me that I sounded a LOT better (nasal congestion wise) 

Breakfast as usual: Baked sweet potato pan fried in olive oil, sprinkled with Paprika, Onion and Garlic powder and two poached eggs

Lunch: Loaded Cauli soup

By about 1:30 I was starving, so I had some leftover Venison with Whole30 BBQ sauce and a Dasani Sparkling Berry. 

Flying to Milwaukee for a day trip, the plane trip might be rough (I normally have a glass of wine, but will get sparkling water instead). 

Sis is taking me and the bf out tomorrow night! I told her about my Whole30 and she is totally on board for finding a great restaurant to accommodate :-)

Day 4 going pretty well for me too! I have been really tired the last few days, going to sleep at 8:30 both of the last 2 nights. We'll see how I feel tonight to see if it's changing. I am feeling a little bit hungrier than normal today, ate lunch an hour ago and already want more food. Looking forward to dinner tonight though, making Whole30 sloppy Joe's from one of my favorite bloggers! Drinking a ton of water too, put lime in it last night and put it into a fancy mug to feel like I was having a cocktail - it actually worked!

Day 4 is in the bag. Yesterday and today we're hectic as I had eye appointments for my mom and hubby to drive for. Tomorrow is nothing so hoping to do meal prep. Came across some sweet potatoes cut like ff in the produce dept, going to try tomorrow 

Archived