Starting September 20!

LucyLovely

Hi all! I am starting Whole30 on Thursday, September 20th. I know that's a random day to start, but I start a fitness challenge Wednesday night, and want the Whole30 to along with it. Plus I have Wednesday off so I will have the day to prepare. 

Good luck on your journey everyone!

Hi Lucy! Joining in on this too. Not sure why I picked today either, but it seemed as good a day as any. Why wait until a Sunday or a Monday to start something anyway?? 

This is my THIRD W30, and it gets better every time. Haven't done one of these in over a year, and my body is craving it. Keep posting on this forum and I will be your buddy :)

How’s it going Team Sept 20? We’re on day four. I was re-reading the timeline yesterday, and had a dream about wanting to murder my husband of 36 years. I woke up, and was only slightly more than mildly annoyed at his face. Then he immediately asked what was for breakfast, and I wanted him to disappear....permanently. Oh, and headache still here, but I’m refusing to take anything. 

Thanks to a lot of prep work, meals haven’t been too hard to prepare, and are satisfying. Getting enough fat the first couple days was a challenge because it took the avocados I bought a full 7 days to ripen.  Bummer because I adore avocados. Plenty now!  Yay  

hope you guys are faring well.  Let me know!

Things have been going somewhat good for me, except for shopping with my husband. He has to point out all the pumpkin flavored stuff to me. Grrrrrr! Yesterday for about 2 hours I was super drained of energy, but bounced back.

Unfortunately I have an intolerance to dry mustard powder, which I forgot about, and I made the mayonnaise. I was so uncomfortable on Friday evening with a sore throat and difficulty swallowing. I found a different recipe that I am going to try.

I made the Banger Sausage and Sweet Potato Mash with Carmelized Onions from the Whole30 book. OMG SO GOOD!!! I made extra sausage and froze them.

Hope everyone is doing well!!!

Hey LucyLovely,

Glad it’s going well for you! I’ll have take a peek at that banger recipe.

Sorry you had a reaction to the mustard! I’ve never understood the dry mustard mayo recipe.  Traditionally, mayo is made with Dijon, so that’s always what I’ve used.  The immersion blender method is also problematic for me, so I use my mini food processor.  I’ve found that if you add the egg, mustard, lemon juice and salt, give it a whir, and let it sit for 30 minutes before SLOWLY adding the oil, it never fails. The acidity of the lemon juice has a chemical reaction with the egg, so it tends not to break, and comes out really fluffy. Let me know what you think. 

Love me pumpkin spice everything!  Nutpods has a shelf stable pumpkin spice creamer out! No, it isn’t a Starbucks pumpkin spice latte by any stretch, but it’s nice a couple days a week. Trader Joe’s also has a lovely “pumpkin spice” spice mix that is delicious with sweet potatoes and winter squash (and you can use the nutpods for these too)!  Yummy. 

Try adding some artichokes for lots of fiber.  I have diverticulitis, and can’t chance constipation, so I have them everyday.  I found a really good brand at HomeGoods of all places (maybe Marshall’s too since it’s the same parent company).  They’re from Spain, are in a tall clear glass jar with a white lid, and aren’t super acidic like most canned brands or tough like frozen ones. It’s 8 bucks for a 26.27 oz jar which isn’t too bad.  They also have some bangin’ Olives at HomeGoods!

Yesterday, I actually felt pretty good for the first time (except for that pesky headache).  The day before, I hated all food, my husband, my son, the weather, and was so nauseous. This too has passed. 

We’re on Day 7!  One week in.  Go us!  River30 hows about checking in?

Archived