Started Whole30 9/18/18!

Izzygirl

Hi all! Anyone else out there started yesterday, September 18th? This will be my second reset, the last one being in January. I felt so good at the end of my last Whole30 but did not reintroduce food correctly and quickly returned to old habits. I'm ready to make a life long change this time. My goal is this time to do a Whole90. I woke up with quite a headache today and feeling nauseated, but I also think I may be catching a cold. Feeling very tired and lethargic as well, but I already feel better overall if that makes sense. Anyone else feeling the same?

Hi!  I started one day before you, 09/17 (I posted my intro under that thread).  Perhaps, because you've been on this plan before, your body is quick to show symptoms of detox, so you're feeling the withdrawals right away?  I've been fortunate with minimal symptoms physically; just the habit/mental symptoms of wanting to find solace in sweets and comfort foods.

The reintroduction worries me, as well!  I'm sure you have a lot of insight to offer.

Well-wishes to you!

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, Nola said:

Hi! I started Whole 30 9/18 also! The last couple days I have been experiencing a little light-headedness when getting up from sitting and a very slight headache. But I imagine, from reading here, it could be from detox!

It might be detox, although at eight days in it seems odd that would be starting now. 

Other things you might double check:

Make sure you're eating enough food -- you can download the meal template here:  https://whole30.com/pdf-downloads/. Remember that the template is a minimum, you can have more if you need it. If eggs are your only protein in a meal, have as many whole eggs as you can hold in one hand. Pick one or two of the fat options listed in addition to what you cook in. And fill your plate up with veggies -- 2-3 cups at least. Most people feel best if they have one fist-sized serving of starchy vegetable each day, and it's okay to have more if you need it (like potato, sweet potato, turnips, beets, rutabaga, carrots, plantains, or winter squashes like acorn or butternut squash). Your meals should be keeping you satisfied 4-5 hours at a time, if they're not, you need to adjust something. 

Be sure you're salting your food enough that it tastes good.

Drink plenty of water -- aim for 1/2 oz per pound of body weight, so a 120-lb person needs at least 60 oz.

Archived