Please help me get rid of my headaches!!

I am on day 4 of this journey. Ever since the end of day 2 I have been fighting that annoying headache. So much so, that I do not even want to go to work or school because of it. 

Here is what I have eaten so far

Day 1: breakfast: Nothing because I am not a breakfast person. I have never really eaten breakfast.

Lunch: 3 ounces of pork chops, 15 ounces of white potatoes. This accounted for 7.3 g of fat (2.4 g of saturated), 47.6mg of sodium, 74.7 g of carbs, and 34.6 g of protein. 

Dinner:  I had the shrimp verde soup out of the whole 30 cookbook which was 168 g of shrimp, 3 tomatillo, 100 g of poblano pepper, 4 ounces of pineapple juice. This accounted for 4 g of fat, 1,636mg of sodium, 13g of carbs, and 39.5 g of protein

TOTAL FOR THE DAY: 756 calories, 88g of carbs, 11g of fat, and 74g of protein 

Day 2: Breakfast: 2 eggs which was 10g of fat and 12 g of protein 

Lunch: a 4 oz burger patty and 1/3 cup of steamed broccoli which was 13.7 g  of fat, 57.8 g of sodium, 8 g of carbs, and 22.9 g of protein and then I had a hard boiled egg which was 5.3 g of fat, 62mg of sodium, .6 g of carbs, and 6.3 g of protein 

Dinner: I did the Slow pork roast dish in the cookbook which was 4 oz of pork, 121 g diced tomatoes, 3 garlic cloves. This accounted for 4.6g of fat and 1.5 g of saturated fat, 86.8 g of sodium, 9.5 g of carbs, and 24.6 g of protein

TOTAL FOR THE DAY: 641 calories, 34g of fat, 18g of carbs, 66g of protein 

Day 3: Breakfast: 2 hard boiled eggs (salted) , 1/4 cup of pistachios. Which was 24.7g of fat, 9.6 g of carbs, 19.1 g of protein 

Lunch: 3 oz pork chop, and 6 oz of fresh green beans which was 7.3g of fat, 7g of carbs, 28g of protein 

Dinner: I had the chicken and shrimp fajitas out of the cookbook. This was 4 oz of chicken, 84 g of shrimp, 3 sweet mini peppers and 1/2 avocado. This accounted for 13.5 g of fat, 9 g of carbs, 46.3g of protien 

TOTAL FOR THE DAY: 1,024 net calories, 46g of fat, 26g of carbs, 93g of protein

Am I doing something wrong? Am I not getting enough food for the day? Please help me get rid of these headaches!!! I drink plenty of water and these headaches started when I started this diet. I was excited to feel better but these headaches are making me miserable and I can not continue like this!! 

• Moderators

You should be eating three meals a day that match the meal template -- forget the calories, fat grams, carbs, etc. Just make your meals look like the meal template. You can download that here in a nice printable form:  https://whole30.com/pdf-downloads/ but here's a breakdown of what exactly it means:

Each meal should contain:

• 1-2 palm-sized portions of protein, the length, width, and height of your palm or if eggs are your only protein, have as many whole eggs as you can hold in one hand, which is likely 3-4.
  • 1-2 thumb-sized portions of fat (like oil or nut butter), or 1/2 to a whole avocado, or a heaping handful or two of olives or coconut flakes, or 1/4-1/2 a can of full-fat coconut milk, or a small closed handful of nuts or seeds -- pick one or two of these in addition to any oil you cook in, and if occasionally you have even more because it sounds good that's fine.
  • fill the plate up with vegetables. So, 2-3 cups minimum, more if it's mostly loosely packed leafy green stuff. Most people do well with one fist-sized serving of starchy vegetable each day, like potato, sweet potato, or other root vegetables like carrots, parsnips, beets, turnips, rutabaga; winter squashes like butternut or acorn squash; or plantains
  • Occasionally have a fist-sized serving of fruit, always with a meal, not on its own, and try to limit it to not more than two servings a day, though it's okay to occasionally have a little more

In addition, be sure you drink plenty of water, aiming for 1/2 oz per pound of body weight, so a 120-lb person needs at least 60 oz, and salt your food so it tastes good.

Here's more about why we ask you not to track calories and macros:  https://whole30.com/2016/01/tracking/

And just to take on day as an example, here's how you might make your meals better match what I've laid out:

1 hour ago, Sydney_Taylor said:

Day 3: Breakfast: 2 hard boiled eggs (salted) , 1/4 cup of pistachios. Try adding one more egg or some other protein, like leftovers from the night before or some sausage or something, and then have some vegetables -- if you don't want to cook them for a meal like this, keep carrots, celery, bell peppers, cherry tomatoes, snap or snow peas washed and cut up in the fridge and have a few big handfuls of those. If you want a dip for them, there are compliant mayonnaise or ranch dressing recipes that you could use, or guacamole could be good.

Lunch: 3 oz pork chop, and 6 oz of fresh green beans How does 3 oz of pork chop relate to the palm of your hand? You might need a bit more. I'm not sure, but I think 6 oz of green beans may be barely a cup, so probably more vegetables. And add some fat -- if you don't want olives or avocado, try something like a chimichurri sauce which would be great over the pork chop or the veggies: https://meljoulwan.com/2014/07/02/chimichurri-aka-magic-sauce/, or make a baked potato or sweet potato for one of your veggies and put ghee or olive oil or coconut oil on it.

Dinner: I had the chicken and shrimp fajitas out of the cookbook. This was 4 oz of chicken, 84 g of shrimp, 3 sweet mini peppers and 1/2 avocado. Your protein serving is probably closer to palm-sized here, but 3 mini peppers is not enough vegetables -- you could include more vegetables in the fajitas, like onions and zucchini, even sliced carrots, you could serve them over cauliflower rice or wrapped in collard green leaves or lettuce leaves, or have them stuffed in a baked potato or sweet potato. 

Archived