Starting September 24th

Nongermane

Hey guys! My name is Laura. So I’m pretty active. I’m a runner, swimming, and cyclists. I’ve done a couple triathalons and half marathons. I’ve always been pretty healthy and active. 

But, recently I had a baby. And my body doesn’t feel like it’s processing foods the same way, and I’m having heartburn and stomach pain, and I can’t seem to locate what it is that im eating that’s causing the problem. 

So. Here I am. Start day September 24th. 

Hey Laura,

Congratulations on the baby! I am starting out the 24th as well. Unlike you I am not that active. I have gone to the gym but nothing that I really stick with for more than 3 months. Which is why I chose the whole30 I would like to learn how to eat better for my body and in the process become a little more active. I love the outdoors just don’t have the energy to even go for a walk these days. Like you I also get heartburn, I also have some acne that comes and goes and like I said before my energy is just not what it used to. Can’t wait to hear more from you. :)

Sofia

First day almost over!!

Boyfriend and I had chicken and  salad for lunch. I am currently making dinner steak, sweet potatoes for me and regular potatoes for him (he hates sweet potato) and broccoli. We aren’t breakfast people so I need to work on that. I don’t like going to the grocery store. I am so used to buying what I am craving in the moment, so walking buy the cookies was a bit difficult. I am also concerned when I work on Wednesday, I am a nursing assistant and sweets, candy, and fast food is a nurses and nursing assistants best friend. It’s so easy to just pass the time snacking on sweets. So I am using today and tomorrow to learn what veggies and fruits I’ll enjoy snacking on during work. 

How was your first day? Any difficulties ?

• Moderators
On 9/24/2018 at 8:12 PM, Sofilli said:

I don’t like going to the grocery store.

It's not an option for everyone, I know, but grocery delivery services like Instacart or Shipt, or some stores are even doing delivery or curbside pickup themselves, can be really nice. They do cost more -- there's fees and tips and there can also a little bit of a markup on the items themselves -- but on the other hand, I don't end up with a bunch of impulse buys, and it really forces me to meal plan better, so at least sometimes I decide it's worth paying for. If you live in a place where such things are available, and you really dislike going to the store, it might be at least worth looking into. 

Archived