My headaches are back. UGH

TrayS

Ok so I'm on Day 3, and also recovering from a stomach flu, and on my fourth day of no caffeine. I recognize some discomfort is to be expected. But I have had a horrible headache for three solid days now. Does anyone else get headaches like this??? It's so bad I can barely function.

When I aborted my December W30 attempt on Day 14 I had had a headache for just about as long. I can't imagine detox would last that long, and can't bear the thought that I may have to endure this for another week, let alone another day. Ugh Ugh Ugh Ugh.

Btw I already took extra strength tylenol, and advil. Neither is doing crap for this headache. HELP!

I quit caffeine for three years and in the beginning had horrible headaches and bodyaches for about 2 weeks. I had to take a few days off of work. I didn't see any real benefit and really missed black coffee so I added caffeine back in and am much happier. If you feel the need to quit caffeine for health reasons, then you may need to endure the headaches until your body weens itself off. Alternatively, you could just taper down your consumption over a month or two...this would alleviate the withdraw headaches but take longer for you to be free. Try drinking more water and relaxing with closed eyes. Good luck!

Thanks Flynn and Renee. I decided to drop the caffeine to see if it was actually causing the headaches that plagued my previous aborted W30 (although I didn't experience the same thing during my first one in August).

I would try tapering down but I tend not to moderate all that well. Though my habit has not been severe (average 2 8oz cups/day plus sometimes iced tea and/or black tea in the early afternoon). But I'm thinking mild caffeine sources might be a good step down from the daily coffee (as in tea only, not coffee). I just hate giving up something so quickly, but I really can't function like this.

I have also had a horrible, throbbing headache the last two days. I realized that it was linked to the fact I hadn't had any coffee those days. Not a conscious decision to cut out coffee, I had just been more in the mood for peppermint tea. I had a half a cup, and the headache eased right up. I usually only have one cup of black (strong 😊) coffee a day, so it's crazy that it affects me so much. I am going to try and break the everyday habit so I am not so dependent. I wish you the best and hope you feel better soon.

Update: I had some cold brew iced tea. OMG I FEEL SO MUCH BETTER NOW. So my new plan is to include tea but continue to drop the coffee for 30 days. I want to break the feeling of NEEDING it first thing in the morning. I think that feeling is psychological, even though my dependence on caffeine is clearly physical.

Junelily, looks like we are on the same page, I guess we have to start somewhere. All the best to you as well!

I'm on y'alls same page too!

I'm on Day 2 and experiencing similar headache misery :( Had to leave work early and nap and I've still got it! Bummer.

I also decided to cut out caffiene for good measure. I am a total coffee addict. I think tomorrow I'll take your advice and add in a little tea. Thanks everyone!

Archived