Whole30 Approved Brands

CassieK

I know i might be over thinking this but if a brand is whole30 approved and had to whole30 stamp on it does that mean all there products with that stamp are whole30 complaint? Sorry Thrive market really threw me off by having the whole30 "badge" on some foods but not all. If you search there site for whole30 if brings up about three pages but if you click the badge then it brings up like 1 1/2 pages. For example all of the Primal Kitchen brands are on the whole30 search but not when you just click the bagde then half of them are missing. I'm on day 15 and just could be so sad if i ate something off plan by accident

so once again without off the babbling... If a brand (primal kitchen, the new primal ect.) are whole30 approved brands does that mean all there products (at least the ones with whole30 stamped on the bottle) are whole30 complaint? I know this may be a simple question and i'm over thinking it but i can't risk loosing how far i have come.

Thank you!

In the same way that a product not having a Whole30 sticker isn't automatically non-compliant, brands being listed on the Whole30 Approved page of this website does not mean that every single product from that brand is compliant. 

You have to check the ingredients of every product, regardless of whether or not there's a sticker on a product or website. It's always possible that a brand can change a recipe and they're not required to notify Whole30 if they do that. 

1 minute ago, laura_juggles said:

In the same way that a product not having a Whole30 sticker isn't automatically non-compliant, brands being listed on the Whole30 Approved page of this website does not mean that every single product from that brand is compliant. 

You have to check the ingredients of every product, regardless of whether or not there's a sticker on a product or website. It's always possible that a brand can change a recipe and they're not required to notify Whole30 if they do that. 

Ok, that's what I figured. It's just kind of confusing in Thrive Market because i know they made that so it's easy for people on the program to purchase approved foods with "no worries" but i still worry and the fact that there not consistent with it proves to just rely on reading ingredients only. I get confused I guess with the approved additives. I downloaded the cheat sheet which i'll just try to really reference often so i get use to the verbiage.

Any recommendations from the whole30 approved brands? I just got The New Primals wing sauce which is totally amazing. I was trying  to verify the ingredients are OK in there Mustard BBQ sauce but some i was a little unsure of like Clove? 

• Moderators
19 minutes ago, CassieK said:

I was trying  to verify the ingredients are OK in there Mustard BBQ sauce but some i was a little unsure of like Clove? 

Clove is just a spice, it's fine to have.

If you've searched for info on an ingredient and can't figure out if it's ok or not, post it here in the forum and we'll help you figure it out.

Archived