Jen's Whole 30 log

JenJen1986

Hi Everyone!

I've decided that I'm starting a Whole 30 tomorrow and am coming here for a little extra support. I've done several Whole 30's previously as well as a Whole 60, and while I have learned a lot, find myself slipping back into some old habits and needing to come back for a reset. As a head's up, I find my body does better with fewer carbohydrates,so my fruit and starchy veggies will likely be fairly limited. I want to make sure I also write down what is motivating me to do another whole 30, and what I hope to get from it so I can really track my changes as I go along so here goes:

• I'm a foster momma to a beautiful 4 year old girl, and lately my back has been killing me, to the point I've not been as active with her as I'd like. (I'm only 31 I don't want to have such back issues at my age!) 
  • I'm finding dairy is slowly seeping back into my diet and know I feel my best when I have none at all.
  • I'm not sleeping as soundly as I'd like and waking up feeling tired.
  • Being a foster parent is obviously stressful, and I feel like focusing on managing my stress levels however I can is incredibly important right now.  I've found the structure of a whole 30 really helps me do that. 
  • I have pretty constant stomach issues and want to get to the root of what is still bothering my stomach. 
  • I think the template of the whole 30 will help me keep my carbs fairly low without resorting to a lot of the unhealthy "keto" options out there. 
  • I've recently lost 25 lbs but have about another 30 to go..so yes I'd love to lose a little weight following this. 

Wow, good for you mama! I am also 31, the mother of a 4 year old girl, and a foster parent :) Sounds like we have a lot in common! I hope this goes well for you and your journey to healthier living. I too started my whole30 because I wanted more energy to play with my little girl. Best of luck!!!

Day 1:

Well off to a rocky, unplanned start. :( My own fault since I decided to do this yesterday with no planning. Today is my early morning so I'm up at 5:30 am, I didn't have time to pack food, so grabbed sausage from the PCC hot bar. (It didn't list sugar but I'm iffy)...then made my ultima refresher electrolyte mix (it had no ingredients that looked like an off the bat no go). That said it did list something called robocinimide A...decided to google it, and apparently that's another name for Stevia! :( Guh..all in all not a good start but I'm choosing not to restart (since it was not intentional consumption), and will carry on and do better the rest of the day. Here's my food plan for the rest of the day:

-coffee with nutpods, and five pcc breakfast sausage links and an almond butter pack

-chicken sausage with spinich

-steak with salad cooked in coconut oil

Day 2: 

Much better more well planned day going on today and I'm feeling pretty good. I am feeling a little tired today but otherwise feeling pretty good. Some stress going on today so going to make some time to do some self care tonight-I'm thinking a bath this evening. 

Todays food plan: 

-2 chicken sausages, garlic aioli mayo, compliant ketchup, and salad   

-Meatballs with the garlic aioli, bell peppers with salad plus avacado 

Day 1 (again)

Trying again..long story short got derailed by a glass of wine (foster care stress...) SO..I know stress is a trigger for me and I need to do some brainstorming on how to manage stress in the future without eating something non-compliant. Gonna do some thinking on that today, but meanwhile forging ahead to try again!

M1: 2 true story chicken sausage, primal kitchen garlic aioli and ketchup with a spinich salad

M2: steak and bell peppers with garlic aioli 

Day 2:

Off to a good start and feeling good! This weekend is my birthday so I'm feeling a little nervous about how that will go food wise but going to try and plan well.

Food:

-Sausage with winter veggies and coffee

-steak and salad

-Beef hash with lots of veggies

Day 3: 

Today is going well! Really feeling in the swing of things now which feels nice. I am actually finding this is really feeling pretty automatic for me and am not feeling like my mind is overly preoccupied with thoughts about whole 30 which is really nice. I'm not noticing any huge changes so far which makes sense, but have noticed my back has been feeling a little less stiff and sore, even with getting over a cold and all the coughing I've been doing which I'm calling a win!

Food: 

-2 chicken sausages with garlic aioli and ketchup and bell peppers

-Burgers and salad

6 hours ago, JenJen1986 said:

Day 4:

Guys I'm struggling today. The cravings are strong and it's feeling hard today. I think part of it was I was super busy at work and didn't eat enough. . lesson learned!! Still on track though!

You are incredibly set for this. I get that feeling like you didn’t have enough to eat and stress being a part of it. I get overly stressed and want to chill with chocolate and wine as well. 

Archived