Laura’s Log

Nongermane

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, this day has been crazy. I’m making croissants right now for a work thing tomorrow- not my choice of food but I told them I would get it done since I make really good biscuits and croissants and they wanted them. I didn’t turn it down because I thought this was good practice for the future. My husband is from the south, there are dishes he loves, and I hope to pass to my daughter.

And there will be times when I will be making them food, and maybe not fully partaking. Not all the time, but some. And I need to learn, that though it smells amazing, it’s just a roll in the end, and won’t make me feel like a better person or anything. And sometimes, occasionally, I will indulge with them, along with creating new favorites. 

Breakfast- sweet potato smashed with blueberries and almond butter

Lunch- chicken salad, apples, almonds, mayonaise, dried cranberreis

Dinner- shredded chicken curry soup and slices of baked sweet potato fries.

Day 17

Today was a faculty good bye party for a coworker- we had fried chicken, Mac n cheese, and chocolate cake. If I wasn’t doing whole 30 I would have eaten and felt like crap later, so I’m happy I didn’t succumb. Especially since, if I was to indulge, I don’t think those would be my choices. When I indulge I want pizza.

But in the end, I didn’t eat food I didn’t want to just be polite, and my afternoon run was more successful. 

I don’t know if I’ll ever really get the “Tiger Blood” feeling throughout my day since my five month old keeps me awake at night, BUT my mile time during my training is much faster. I credit the lighter feeling. 

breakfast- hard boiled egg, a couple pieces of watermelon, a slice of ham, some carrots and celery.

lunch- last of my chicken salad with apples, cranberries, and almonds

dinner-  baked potatoe, grilled chicken salad with the homemade ranch- I LOVE this dressing. It’s lighter and tangier than store versions. 

11 hours ago, Nongermane said:

Day 17

Today was a faculty good bye party for a coworker- we had fried chicken, Mac n cheese, and chocolate cake. If I wasn’t doing whole 30 I would have eaten and felt like crap later, so I’m happy I didn’t succumb. Especially since, if I was to indulge, I don’t think those would be my choices. When I indulge I want pizza.

I kind of can't wait to try paleo pizza after these 30 days. Or, like, the kind with the cauliflower crust.

Day 18. DAY 18!

Today was really hard, Fridays are hard. It’s really clear to me how I celebrate and bond with others though desserts and alcohol. I have more to say about this- but I don’t think this is the thread. 

Breakfast- two hard boiled eggs, sliced apples, a couple of grapes. Iced black coffee. 

Lunch- left over grilled chicken salad with homemade ranch.

Snack- Luna bar- or are they Lara bars- the ones with only 2 ingredients. I had the cashew one.

Dinner- chorizo, salsa verde and guacamole with homemade ranch dressing. 

Day 20

Yesterday I was done and tired and thought this whole thing was stupid.

But today I’m happy I stayed. 

Breakfast- two egg beef fritata

lunch- baked potatoe, drizzled with olive oil, salt and pepper. Some roasted carrots. 

Dinner- buffalo chicken with ranch, over a potatoe, side of mixed Asian veggies. 

On 10/11/2018 at 10:09 PM, Nongermane said:

Day 17

But in the end, I didn’t eat food I didn’t want to just be polite, and my afternoon run was more successful. 

I don’t know if I’ll ever really get the “Tiger Blood” feeling throughout my day since my five month old keeps me awake at night, BUT my mile time during my training is much faster. I credit the lighter feeling. 

breakfast- hard boiled egg, a couple pieces of watermelon, a slice of ham, some carrots and celery.

lunch- last of my chicken salad with apples, cranberries, and almonds

dinner-  baked potatoe, grilled chicken salad with the homemade ranch- I LOVE this dressing. It’s lighter and tangier than store versions. 

So, I realized that my days weren’t adding, this was actually day 18. I started on September 24th. So, I’m a day ahead! 

12 hours ago, Nongermane said:

So, I realized that my days weren’t adding, this was actually day 18. I started on September 24th. So, I’m a day ahead! 

Yay! I'm also glad you stayed through your rough day, this forum wouldn't be the same without you. 

It's weird, because the hardest parts for me aren't in social situations but when I have the house to myself. I've been a secret eater since I was a kid and being alone in the house meant it was time to run to the 7Eleven to get Dr. Pepper and taquitos and pizza pops and chocolate and gummy coke bottles and... Or more recently, to order sushi for delivery. 

4 hours ago, BatyaChavaGeee said:

Yay! I'm also glad you stayed through your rough day, this forum wouldn't be the same without you. 

It's weird, because the hardest parts for me aren't in social situations but when I have the house to myself. I've been a secret eater since I was a kid and being alone in the house meant it was time to run to the 7Eleven to get Dr. Pepper and taquitos and pizza pops and chocolate and gummy coke bottles and... Or more recently, to order sushi for delivery. 

I totally used to secret eat at night!! It’s not as hard as social situations for me but it is hard to eat cookies on the way to bed. 

Day 21, week 3 down!

breakfast- a Lara bar and some iced black coffee. I was running late to church with my daughter

lunch- baked potato with ground beef drizzled in olive oil and tomatoes

dinner- left over buffalo chicken with potato wedges and homemade ranch

7 more days and I’m going to switch my log over to the reintroduction log space. So... that’ll be fun.

I don’t know about you! I’m  feeling 22! 

Breakfast- I suck, Lara bar. Handful of carrots. Iced black coffee, splash of coconut milk.

lunch- left over buffalo chicken with shredded lettuce and homemade ranch.

dinner- 3 egg frittata with buffalo chicken.

The Daughter has been sick so meal prep has been pretty much nonexistent and I’m running on one hour of sleep- needless to say I did not get my run in.

But I have enough backed up that I’m fine. I already have a pork butt in the slow cooker with a babacoa seasoning for  the next few nights, it’s marinating in the fridge so tomorrow should be easier. And my very large walnut apple chicken salad is also is the fridge for lunches. 

I’m thinking about reintroduction, and how I’m going to deal with social events and the eating and drinking. I used to say, “I only drink or eat like this on special occasions,” but it’s beginning to dawn on me Friday really isn’t that special of an occasion. It comes once a week, for like my whole life. I don’t know what I’m going to do with this new revelation yet. 

Crap! Little Girl has been feeling crappy  and I didn’t post yesterday! Day 23!

breakfast- nana with almond butter

lunch- chicken salad with apples and nuts

pre run- Lara bar

ran 8 miles!!

dinner- pulled pork with the best barbacao seasoning and a baked potatoe! 

Day 24- I almost ate an apple fritter- like I almost was like, “forget this I want an apple fritter.” But instead....

breakfast- banana and almond butter

lunch- chicken salad, apple, nut mix

dinner- left over pulled Barbabcoa pork and spaghetti squash. 

When I get into reintroduction, I NEED to keep my sugar dragon away. These cravings for snacks around me I don’t think will ever go away, and I just need remember that the 30 second feeling makes me feel like crap afterward. If I’m going to eat a dessert, it’s going to be way better than a day old apple fritter. 

15 minutes ago, Nongermane said:

Day 24- I almost ate an apple fritter- like I almost was like, “forget this I want an apple fritter.” But instead....

breakfast- banana and almond butter

lunch- chicken salad, apple, nut mix

dinner- left over pulled Barbabcoa pork and spaghetti squash. 

When I get into reintroduction, I NEED to keep my sugar dragon away. These cravings for snacks around me I don’t think will ever go away, and I just need remember that the 30 second feeling makes me feel like crap afterward. If I’m going to eat a dessert, it’s going to be way better than a day old apple fritter. 

I wonder if I've been wasting my time, sugar dragon-wise with all the Lara bars and fruit. Probably not?

• Moderators
15 hours ago, BatyaChavaGeee said:

I wonder if I've been wasting my time, sugar dragon-wise with all the Lara bars and fruit. Probably not?

8 hours ago, Nongermane said:

We’re on our feet all day- Lara bars are a godsend for teachers who eat lunch while teaching. 

There are better options than larabars, especially if you have a sweet tooth, if you want to try to cut back on the fruit. There are compliant jerky, meat bars like Epic bars or Chomps sticks, or you could pack things like hard boiled or deviled eggs, cut up fruits and vegetables, olives, even grilled chicken could be picked up and eaten as finger food. It's not as convenient, but it is possible. 

Anyway.. Day 25. 

Breakfast- banana and almond butter, iced coffee

lunch- compliant chorizo with lettuce, tomato, and avacado... a chorizo salad if you will.

prework out- handfull of some nuts and dried fruit

Dinner- baked potato, so many veggies, ground beef.

Im nervous for Saturday. I’ll be starting my reintroduction next Wednesday, Saturday I’m going to a Halloween Party with people I’m not as close to, and so they’re unaware of this whole process. They do this chili and chocolate cake thing, then we all take our kids to the local beach for a “not so scary” Halloween nature walk. 

I still want to be careful with my reintroduction,  but don’t want to be rude. Trying to find a way to ask and not draw attention to myself. 

Day 27

I’m feeling good, yesterday’s Friday was the easiest of all the Fridays. Though I still want a beer or ice cream I was kind of ok and not feeling like the world wasn’t fair. I was not having a tantrum in my head over ice cream- so improvement! 

Breakfast- chicken salad with apples and nuts and whole 30 mayo

Lunch- baked potatoe with ground beef and veggies

Dinner- compliant chorizo salad again

My husband has always been better at being healthy than me- but on Saturday nights he always has dessert. I’ll see how I feel next Saturday if I should join him...

Day 28.. wait... Day 28!?!? 

I had no food today!! It was a disaster! 

Breakfast- banana with cashew butter, and holy crap, I love cashew butter.

lunch- epic bar. And that’s it. I’m not joking. I ended up at my sisters way longer than I thought, and there was pretty much nothing there.

Snack-  another banana! 

Dinner- so I went a little crazy  and made a potatoe and sausage mash with a fried egg on top. And it was amazing. 

And tomorrow is Day 29, and next Saturday is my 15k. I’m officially feeling excited. I ran 9.13 miles today and didn’t have any crazy knee pain. So, I’m pretty much winning at life. 

Day 29... I was so close to having sour cream on my taco salad thinking what the hell? I mean, I’ve pretty much done it, right? 

But I didn’t. Blah blah blah. Bring dairy back on Wednesday. Let’s hope it works out. 

Breakfast- 2 hard boiled eggs, apples, grapes

Lunch- left over sausage and potato hash

Snack- dried apples and cashews

Dinner- taco salad! 

Now- cup o’ tea!

Tomorrow I’m going to start planning my first day of reintroduction. 

Archived