Batya Chava Stuffs her Face with Meat and Veg

BatyaChavaGeee

Day 12

Meal 1: Duck Soup

Meal 2: Leek and zucchini soup, roasted duck and cran-cherry sauce, green beans and butternut squash

Meal 3: Roasted potatoes, two fried eggs, half an avocado, hot sauce

Snacks: persimmon, cashews

NSV/Reflections: I went shopping for a dress for a family wedding next month, and boy are there a lot of chocolate places in the mall. I made a bee-line for David's Tea, though. And I even asked to see the ingredients before I ordered. 

I think I don't like duck, which I think is odd and a little tragic.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, BatyaChavaGeee said:

Day 12

Meal 1: Duck Soup

Meal 2: Leek and zucchini soup, roasted duck and cran-cherry sauce, green beans and butternut squash

Meal 3: Roasted potatoes, two fried eggs, half an avocado, hot sauce

Snacks: persimmon, cashews

NSV/Reflections: I went shopping for a dress for a family wedding next month, and boy are there a lot of chocolate places in the mall. I made a bee-line for David's Tea, though. And I even asked to see the ingredients before I ordered. 

I think I don't like duck, which I think is odd and a little tragic.

I’m trying to decide when I’m going to reintroduce chocolate... 

Day 13

Next morning posting because the man and I went to a work dinner thing and didn't come home until 11:30. (Waaay past my bedtime)

Meal 1: Frittata: bacon, leftover green beans and butternut squash; half an avocado, persimmon

The son was selling apples for a few hours in the afternoon with his Scout troop audit was damn cold. I retreated to a local Starbucks and drank black coffee and snuck in an Rx bar. Also had an apple. 

Meal 2:  Roast duck with cran-cherry sauce, leek and zucchini soup (the last of it)

Meal 3: Many olives, seared sea bass with puttanesca sauce, spinach with caramelized onions

My colleagues were supportive but bemused by my dietary restrictions. It's more or less how they feel about my CrossFit, so nothing really new to them. ALL the sauce in this place had wine in it, it seemed. I couldn't have any of the appetizers except for the olives that came on a "Mediterranean platter." I ate them all. I asked a million questions about that sea bass.

NSV/Reflections: The weather has a turned cold and all I want to do is stay under the covers and drink tea. I just made my to-do list for the day and kind of want to cry. But I'm oddly looking forward to the meal prep part? Sounds much more relaxing than packing away my summer clothes or writing lesson plans.

4 hours ago, BatyaChavaGeee said:

Day 13

Next morning posting because the man and I went to a work dinner thing and didn't come home until 11:30. (Waaay past my bedtime)

Meal 1: Frittata: bacon, leftover green beans and butternut squash; half an avocado, persimmon

The son was selling apples for a few hours in the afternoon with his Scout troop audit was damn cold. I retreated to a local Starbucks and drank black coffee and snuck in an Rx bar. Also had an apple. 

Meal 2:  Roast duck with cran-cherry sauce, leek and zucchini soup (the last of it)

Meal 3: Many olives, seared sea bass with puttanesca sauce, spinach with caramelized onions

My colleagues were supportive but bemused by my dietary restrictions. It's more or less how they feel about my CrossFit, so nothing really new to them. ALL the sauce in this place had wine in it, it seemed. I couldn't have any of the appetizers except for the olives that came on a "Mediterranean platter." I ate them all. I asked a million questions about that sea bass.

NSV/Reflections: The weather has a turned cold and all I want to do is stay under the covers and drink tea. I just made my to-do list for the day and kind of want to cry. But I'm oddly looking forward to the meal prep part? Sounds much more relaxing than packing away my summer clothes or writing lesson plans.

My colleges feel the same way when I talk about exercise, like I’m an alien. I want to tell them it’s actually a very selfish act. The longer I run the longer I can listen to my music and no one is needing anything. 

Ps- have you talked to your students about your diet? I have a core group who eat lunch with me everyday and they’re beyond fascinated. Everyday it’s like, “what day are you on? What’s for lunch?”

7 hours ago, Nongermane said:

My colleges feel the same way when I talk about exercise, like I’m an alien. I want to tell them it’s actually a very selfish act. The longer I run the longer I can listen to my music and no one is needing anything. 

Ps- have you talked to your students about your diet? I have a core group who eat lunch with me everyday and they’re beyond fascinated. Everyday it’s like, “what day are you on? What’s for lunch?”

My kids are grade 1/2, and I think they're scared of me. 

Day 14

Meal 1: Roasted potatoes and fried onions, 2 fried eggs, hot sauce, persimmon

Meal 2:  Chilli (form the Whole30 book, but I added mushrooms and a jalapeños pepper), half an avocado, cashews

Meal 3: Kale and broccoli soup, 4 1oz apple cinnamon bulk sausage, almond butter

Snacks: more cashews

NSV/Reflections: I'm the most hopeless morning person. I was super productive today until about 5pm, then I just stopped and all I could do was look at cookbooks and watch CivVI twitch streams. I suppose it's alright as long as I actually do stuff early.

I think I'm not really thinking about food anymore. I'm thinking about cooking because I early enjoy cooking, but I'm not waiting around for eating time. I just see it's time to eat and then go see what I have meal prepped. On the other hand there are all those cashews.

Day 15

Meal 1: frittata with green beans and butternut squash, banana with almond hazelnut butter

Pre-workout: blueberry Rx bar

Post-workout: duck soup

Meal 2:  duck salad, (threw thing together with chopped duck meat, cran-cherry sauce, mayo, red onion, and celery) Brussels sprouts and sweet potato, half an avocado, persimmon

Meal 3:  Roast beef, smashed cucumber and carrot salad, cashews.

NSV/Reflections: I got my first migraine since starting Whole30 today. I know it's not reasonable to expect them to disappear entirely, but I am a little disappointed. It was all rain too, and the gym kicked my butt, so it's not super surprising. 

I still have a nut problem.

Thanks for posting the way you do. I skimmed through all your logs, and can relate so much. Also, I would like to use your format and do the same. Do you jot things down as you go and then post at the end of the day? Nuts are pretty much no brakes food for me. I feel I have a grapes problem (I can eat pounds of them!!).

10 hours ago, tnicole said:

Thanks for posting the way you do. I skimmed through all your logs, and can relate so much. Also, I would like to use your format and do the same. Do you jot things down as you go and then post at the end of the day? Nuts are pretty much no brakes food for me. I feel I have a grapes problem (I can eat pounds of them!!).

I have Whole30 Day-by-Day so I write stuff in there throughout the day then consult it when I make my post. 

I stopped buying dates because I could eat the whole package. 

Day 16

Meal 1: 2 eggs scrambled, 3 1oz apple cinnamon bulk sausages, an orange.

This was way too small of a meal. Maybe two hours after I had hunger pangs, so I had an apple and scraped the last of the almond hazelnut butter from the jar.

Meal 2:  Duck salad, braised bok choy, cashews, a persimmon

Snack: Lara bar. I decided to have this after work since I was going the pop into the grocery store and didn't want to do that hungry. Then a parent came up to talk to me just as I had my mouth stuffed with coconut cream Lara bar. #soprofesh  

Meal 3:  Kale and broccoli soup (from Whole30 Fast and Easy), roast beef. (I put the beef right in the soup!)

My son said yesterday that he wanted to try dragonfruit, and I found one at the fancy pants supermarket near work, so we shared that when I got home.  

NSV/Reflections: I've been pretty good at having veggies with every meal, except sometimes I forget at breakfast. I've been making vegetable side dishes whenever I feel so inspired and sticking them in Tupperware in the fridge. I have about 4 things in there at the moment. So no excuse to not have some cucumber and carrot salad with my eggs. 

Day 16

Meal 1: chilli, a whole avocado.

I tried the not-breakfast-food-for-breakfast thing. I was nice to just put something in the microwave rather than having to cook in the morning, I guess. Not that I mind cooking in the morning at all.

Meal 2:  braised bok choy, 6 asian meatballs, persimmon, walnuts and almonds

You can really taste the fish sauce in those meatballs.

Meal 3:  roast beef, roasted root vegetables (from Whole30 book, though it's literally just roasted root vegetables) smashed cucumber and carrot salad

NSV/Reflections: No snacks! Though I did have a stupid amount of nuts at the end of meal 2. 

I ordered a copy of Food Freedom Forever 

Day 17

Meal 1: 3 slices of bacon, salad greens, paleo ranch dressing, apple, tropical nut butter

Pre-workout: Lara bar

Post-workout: chili

Meal 2: Kale and broccoli soup, 6 asian meatballs, persimmon, almonds

Meal 3:  Shepherd's Pie (from Whole30 book)

NSV/Reflections: I managed to mostly take it easy on the nuts today. In general, I find that I'm damn full when I have a post-workout meal like I'm supposed to. I try to follow the template and have protein, complex carbs and little to no fat, but it's hours before I'm hungry enough for meal 2. Then I end up having meal 3 really late... the struggle is real.

Day 19

Opps, I had two Day 16s....

Meal 1: 3 eggs scrambled, 3 1oz blueberry breakfast sausage, banana, almond butter

Pre-workout: 3 asian meatballs with paleo ketchup, an orange

Post-workout: Shepherd's pie

Meal 2: Red Curry Shrimp Skillet (From Whole30 Fast & Easy), cashews

Meal 3:  Shredded chicken, fried onions and pepper, guacamole, lettuce, pistachios

NSV/Reflections: I kind of just want to go to bed today. See you all tomorrow. 

Day 20

Meal 1: Frittata with chicken, onion, and greens; half an avocado, persimmon, pomegranate seeds

Pre-workout: Lara bar

Meal 2:  pistachios, kale broccoli soup, shredded chicken

Meal 3:  Red Curry Shrimp Skillet, an orange

NSV/Reflections: I started a 6-week gymnastics course today. It's all about the hollow body position.

I dreamed last night that I ate pizza and then somehow justified it as not derailing my Whole30. I know we're told to expect weird food dreams, but the part about convincing myself it doesn't count is just classic Bachi.

Day 21

Meal 1: 4 1oz blueberry breakfast sausages with almond butter, salad greens with paleo ranch dressing

Meal 2: Red curry shrimp skillet, pistachios

Snacks: Lara bar, more almonds than I want to admit

Meal 3:  tuna salsa (tuna, celery, raisins, mayo), green beans and roasted butternut squash, mashed potatoes 

NSV/Reflections: I really wanted to eat all the things again today. And I was really unproductive. I've mostly been watching nordic noir cop shows on Netflix. 

8 hours ago, BatyaChavaGeee said:

Day 21

Meal 1: 4 1oz blueberry breakfast sausages with almond butter, salad greens with paleo ranch dressing

Meal 2: Red curry shrimp skillet, pistachios

Snacks: Lara bar, more almonds than I want to admit

Meal 3:  tuna salsa (tuna, celery, raisins, mayo), green beans and roasted butternut squash, mashed potatoes 

NSV/Reflections: I really wanted to eat all the things again today. And I was really unproductive. I've mostly been watching nordic noir cop shows on Netflix. 

What is this blueberry breakfast sausage?

Day 22

Meal 1: Kale broccoli soup (all gone now), 2 eggs over easy, a persimmon

I put the eggs right into the soup!

Pre-workout: walnuts, a lara bar

post-workout: Shepherd's pie, some broccoli slaw

Meal 2: Chicken Chowder (From Whole30 book), an apple, almonds

Meal 3: 6 Asian meatballs, zoodles, compliant marinara sauce, Lara bar

NSV/Reflections: Is it really Day 22? Trippy. 

Yea, you read right, I had TWO Lara bars today. And more than one serving of nuts. I just want to eat everything in sight lately. 

On a positive note, my friend at the gym told me I was looking buff. Maybe all those nuts are going into my traps. 

Day 23

Meal 1: A banana and almond butter.

I didn't want to eat at all when I woke up. I made myself get down something small, since thems the rules, and told myself I would be working out early and I'd eat something more substantial then.

Post-workout: Chicken Chowder

I LOVE this chowder. Maybe my favourite thing I've made this month so far.

Meal 2: 2 chicken thighs, cran-cherry sauce, mashed potatoes, broccoli slaw, paleo ranch dressing, pistachios 

Meal 3: lime-cilantro Basa filet, half an avocado, an apple, almonds

NSV/Reflections: There are no veggies in the house. I have no idea how that happened, but when have a tonne of meat, and not vegetables. I'm going to have to make a whole bunch tomorrow. 

I kind of can't believe I have only a week left. At this point I feel like I can keep going. Maybe tackle this nut issue. (That's what he said.) I definitely going to slow-roll reintroduction. I am travelling to a destination wedding on November 8, so we'll see. But I have no really desire for wedding cake or anything. Tequila, though... I'll have some of that. It's paleo, right?

The one thing I do plan on doing right on October 31 is not being so super strict about things like the minute amounts of sugar that might be in my loose leaf tea, or in the bacon at the local artisanal butchers. And not going to lie, I'll make paleo pancakes.

18 minutes ago, BatyaChavaGeee said:

Day 23

The one thing I do plan on doing right on October 31 is not being so super strict about things like the minute amounts of sugar that might be in my loose leaf tea, or in the bacon at the local artisanal butchers. And not going to lie, I'll make paleo pancakes.

Oh my gosh- yes! So I found making my own mayonaise liberating in a way- like, “look what I can do!” But so much easier using some store bought for my chicken. 

Archived