Batya Chava Stuffs her Face with Meat and Veg

BatyaChavaGeee

Day 24

Meal 1: 3 eggs scrambled with harissa, 2 slices of bacon, a banana

Meal 2: Chicken chowder, an orange, Lara bar

Snack: another Lara bar (sigh) 

This was my emergency Lara bar. I had it in the middle of class when my stomach started talking. (Really for the first time this month.) So it's the first Lara bar I should be upset about.

Meal 3: Slow cooker pork loin with cauliflower rice, almonds

I was not into this point loin at all. I don't think I like pork loin at all, to tell you the truth. I only made it because my parents bought me this giant loin at Costco. (I didn't ask for this, thanks!) I ate half of it before giving up. That's when I went for the almonds.

NSV/Reflections: Not liking my dinner got me so down that I went to bed without posting. 

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Day 25

Meal 1: Italian wedding soup, banana with tropical nut butter

Pre-workout: 2 scrambled eggs, half an avocado, hot sauce 

Post-workout: chicken chowder

I think I ate too big of a meal for post-workout. I was not hungry at all when meal 2 time came along, so I ate something really small

Meal 2: smashed cucumber and carrot salad, 1 roasted chicken thigh

Meal 3: slow cooker pork loin, half an avocado, walnuts

NSV/Reflections: I was getting very frustrated with my son today for just not trying to support me or be open minded about this whole thing. Every time I offer him something he claims he's not hungry. I can sometimes get him to have some eggs or some bananas and almond butter, but other than that, nope. And I know he's just going to 7Eleven as soon as he gets a chance to blow his allowance on chips and iced tea. I don't want to push on him too hard because I know that my poor relationship with food developed largely because of the way my mother spent most of my adolescence telling me I was overweight and making me feel guilty for eating.  

11 hours ago, BatyaChavaGeee said:

I don't want to push on him too hard because I know that my poor relationship with food developed largely because of the way my mother spent most of my adolescence telling me I was overweight and making me feel guilty for eating.  

Same. My mom had a very unhealthy relationship with food, and it was passed down to me. I’m so afraid of me somehow bleeding this into my daughter. 

Day 27

Meal 1: Lara bar

post-workout: Italian wedding soup

Meal 2: Red Curry Shrimp Skillet, almonds

Meal 3: back half 1/4 chicken, veggies, roasted potatoes. 

The Man made me chicken dinner.

NSV/Reflections: Lately Eat all the Things has turned into "God, do I really have to eat again, I should..." I thinks that's where the Lara bar meals are coming from, I can always stomach the thought of eating one even when I can't the thought of having an egg or some chicken. I'm going to totally eliminate them for the last three days, but in terms of Food Freedom, I've yet to decide if they're a problem. I don't think it's a sugar craving thing. Like I said, haven't decided.

5 hours ago, BatyaChavaGeee said:

Day 27

Meal 1: Lara bar

Meal 2: Red Curry Shrimp Skillet, almonds

Meal 3: back half 1/4 chicken, veggies, roasted potatoes. 

The Man made me chicken dinner.

NSV/Reflections: Lately Eat all the Things has turned into "God, do I really have to eat again, I should..." I thinks that's where the Lara bar meals are coming from, I can always stomach the thought of eating one even when I can't the thought of having an egg or some chicken. I'm going to totally eliminate them for the last three days, but in terms of Food Freedom, I've yet to decide if they're a problem. I don't think it's a sugar craving thing. Like I said, haven't decided.

I don’t think the Larabars are a sugar dragon thing for me either. But they’re bland enough/ tastey enough that when I’m hungry and can’t think of stomaching a hard boiled egg- it works. My post whole 30 life has been all about the bananas and cashew butter, and carrots and guacamole though. 

Day 28

Meal 1: 3 eggs scrambles with chives, 1 1/2 slices of bacon, an avocado, raspberries

Meal 2: roast beef with mayo, spaghetti squash, broccoli and bacon

Meal 3: chicken salad (chicken, apple, celery, mayo), salad greens, pomegranate seeds, mixed nuts

NSV/Reflections: I think my cheekbones are more prominent. 

I kind of can't wait to me done, just so I can say I did it. I've decided to slow-roll, so I don't expect Day 31 to be any different from Day 30 except I might have a tea that have vanilla extract in it.

10 hours ago, BatyaChavaGeee said:

Day 28

Meal 1: 3 eggs scrambles with chives, 1 1/2 slices of bacon, an avocado, raspberries

Meal 2: roast beef with mayo, spaghetti squash, broccoli and bacon

Meal 3: chicken salad (chicken, apple, celery, mayo), salad greens, pomegranate seeds, mixed nuts

NSV/Reflections: I think my cheekbones are more prominent. 

I kind of can't wait to me done, just so I can say I did it. I've decided to slow-roll, so I don't expect Day 31 to be any different from Day 30 except I might have a tea that have vanilla extract in it.

You’re almost done! Day 28 was annoying for me bc it was like.. let’s just finish this already...

Day 29

Meal 1: 3 eggs scrambled with duxcelles, 2 slices of bacon, half an avocado, blueberries

pre-workout: banana and tropical nut butter

Meal 2: chicken salad, tomatoes and cucumber

Meal 3: rainbow trout with tartar sauce, pomegranate seeds

NSV/Reflections: Well, I ate too much today, or rather, this evening. I forced myself to eat the trout just because I hadn't had a meal 3 and man do I regret it right now. I feel like I need less food now than I did a month ago. 

Like I said yesterday, I want this to be over so I can say I did it and I can relax a little about one or two things, but honestly, this is fine. I like eating this way, I don't feel deprived or bored, just occasionally mildly inconvenienced. And I wouldn't say that any miracle NSVs have happened, but I do feel more in control of what I eat. I still have major kinks to work out, like meal timing and a slight nut addiction, but I feel like I can figure those out with more time. I have a feeling that the reintroduction phase will be very eye opening. Like, that it will remind me what the "old normal" was like. 

Day 30

Meal 1: 3 eggs scrambled with chives, 2 slices of bacon, banana and blueberries with sunflower seed butter.

Meal 2:  chicken salad, avocado with hot sauce, glass of coconut almond milk

Meal 3: Italian wedding soup, almonds, banana

NSV/Reflections: I plan on writing a good long refection piece tomorrow, but in short, I don't plan on doing anything different tomorrow than I did today. I don't think there can be a better indication that this whole thing was a success. 

On ‎10‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 9:27 PM, BatyaChavaGeee said:

NSV/Reflections: I plan on writing a good long refection piece tomorrow, but in short, I don't plan on doing anything different tomorrow than I did today. I don't think there can be a better indication that this whole thing was a success. 

I totally agree with you.  Day 30 and Day 33 are pretty much the same to me.  I did have four pieces of candy, and the last one, ate only half because I didn't like it.  Later on, my stomach was reacting, not bad, but not sure if it was the chocolate or the sugar, just like all done with that.  the left over candy is sitting on the dining room table, no interest in it at all.

Congratulations!!! I think you have done a wonderful job!!! :D

I've enjoying reading your log since the beginning. I'm now on day 18
I started my whole30 with little planning, I cook almost nothing and I restarted three times the first week (I could be on day 25) ... but you have been inspiration and now I'm cooking a little... and I like it!!! 

On 10/4/2018 at 8:00 PM, BatyaChavaGeee said:

Day 4

Also, is anyone else just going through stupid amounts of eggs?

3 or 4 daily, 24 per week ... maybe more ... but yesterday I did not feel well, and I'm going to reduce egg consumption :rolleyes:

On 10/11/2018 at 7:50 PM, BatyaChavaGeee said:

Day 11

NSV/Reflections: I had really low day. It look a lot of energy to do anything at all. The food was fine, and I even managed to get some veggies and chicken meal prepped, but wow was it a struggle to be actually productive. I did read quite a few cookbooks on Overdrive while I was procrastinating, though. 

Even this low I didn't really feel tempted to quite. I think this is already just how I eat.

I have read your reflection several times in my low days... it makes me feel better. Thanks :)

• 2 weeks later...

I am fortunate and really like eggs, which I also really like with spinach and mushrooms and not necessarily an omelet, eggs and broccoli and eggs and tomatoes.  I don't use ketchup any longer as I am too lazy to make my own and I cannot take one more bottle of condiments in my fridge!   

• 2 months later...

Archived