Why am I so tired?

KHT

Day 3 and third day of feeling just exhausted all the time. So confused, as I’d already implemented much of the Whole30 about a month ago, and this week was just my “full Whole30” start. 

I’d gotten so much more energy for the past month it seems so strange that now it’s worse again.

• Administrators

Wondering how much you're eating? What parts of Whole30 did you not implement last month (ie, what is different this week than the last month)?

Give us a rundown on what you're eating normally and when and we'll see if anything stands out!

I was eating a dessert once or twice a week before, and sugar in my coffee/tea. And having rice sometimes and very occasional gluten. Not that huge of a change.

Past few days I’ve had coffee with untold, an egg/veggie breakfast with a little sweet potato, salad with chicken or beef for lunch, plus a few nuts and a fruit, dinners some kind of fish/meat and veggie, avocado too, a little butternut squash one night. Everything compliant and mostly from the Whole30 cookbooks.

I’m not hungry, just super tired. 

Who’s knows, I could be fighting something off.....

• Administrators
On 10/3/2018 at 4:32 PM, KHT said:

I was eating a dessert once or twice a week before, and sugar in my coffee/tea. And having rice sometimes and very occasional gluten. Not that huge of a change.

Past few days I’ve had coffee with untold, an egg/veggie breakfast with a little sweet potato, salad with chicken or beef for lunch, plus a few nuts and a fruit, dinners some kind of fish/meat and veggie, avocado too, a little butternut squash one night. Everything compliant and mostly from the Whole30 cookbooks.

I’m not hungry, just super tired. 

Who’s knows, I could be fighting something off.....

How are you feeling now, @KHT? My guess is that you may be undereating and also working through fat adaptation.

Still more tired than pre-Whole30. Sticking it out to see if it gets better..... my acupuncturist, who suggested Whole30 to me initially, told me on Friday that it doesn't always work well for all women, that some people need more carbohydrates..... she also did say that there can be a time period when your body is adjusting to getting energy from fat and protein instead of carbs/sugars, so that could be part of it as well. 

I wasn't eating that much more carbohydrate the month before I started the Whole30 though..... but maybe that little bit was enough.

Archived