Starting October 8th!

Lolowally

3 hours ago, Elizabeth33 said:

Hey guys just wanted to let you know I am still here. Been doing good. I have been REALLY busy so I havent been able to post. I had to eat out several times because I was only supposed to be out for a bit and ended up being all day. I was able to stay compliant. I am hoping to read others posts later today 

Hooray! You’re here! And we’re on Day 13!

I had some non template meals yesterday and today (but still compliant). All due to user error (poor planning). I even ate an Rx bar which I usually scorn. But I got back on the template track with dinner tonight after making 3 sheet pans of roasted vegetables.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Day 15 is accomplished! Thank goodness. . . . 

My eyes were bigger than my Whole30 stomach at meal 3. Not only did my protein (grilled grass-fed ribeye) not fit on the plate but there were more vegetables as well (roasted sweet potato rounds). 

6C1FB3C1-6BFD-4772-BC26-3A1B9055FF9C.thumb.jpeg.a7b113d0e6ff8de42b3ea8306250091b.jpeg

Day 19! Had my first not-cooked-by-me meal in 54 meals with Zoe's Kitchen takeout yesterday. (There isn't even a friggin' compliant rotisserie chicken within miles and miles of me.) Enjoyed it but they gave me Harissa Hummus instead of Harissa Sauce. :( 

Staying compliant.

Drinking water. (Thank you, H20 Pal and my fancy bluetooth water bottle!)

Walking or water jogging every day.

Enjoying a late "fall." (Finally.) Temperature is 83 right now (Florida).

LONGING for Day 31 . . . . 

• Moderators
3 hours ago, ArtFossil said:

There isn't even a friggin' compliant rotisserie chicken within miles and miles of me.

Why do they put such crap in rotisserie chicken? My grocery store carries one flavor that is compliant, but they don't always have it, they have the flavored ones that have who knows what in them. So annoying, 

On 10/26/2018 at 10:33 AM, ArtFossil said:

Day 19! Had my first not-cooked-by-me meal in 54 meals with Zoe's Kitchen takeout yesterday. (There isn't even a friggin' compliant rotisserie chicken within miles and miles of me.) Enjoyed it but they gave me Harissa Hummus instead of Harissa Sauce. :( 

I also started the same week you did and am just now finding this forum.  I wanted to comment that I, too, had my first not-cooked-by-me-meal at Zoe's Kitchen.  And coincidentally, it was yesterday too!  I started on Tuesday, Oct 9th so I am a day behind you but I couldn't resist commenting since we both found it the same day.  I am sorry you were given the wrong sauce.  It was so nice to go some where to eat and not cook and know that I could choose from the menu and know exactly if it was W30 compliant or not.  I loved the grilled potato salad.

Good luck on the rest of your journey.  Seems like you have been progressing well.

21 hours ago, wwtechgirl said:

I also started the same week you did and am just now finding this forum.  I wanted to comment that I, too, had my first not-cooked-by-me-meal at Zoe's Kitchen.  And coincidentally, it was yesterday too!  I started on Tuesday, Oct 9th so I am a day behind you but I couldn't resist commenting since we both found it the same day.  I am sorry you were given the wrong sauce.  It was so nice to go some where to eat and not cook and know that I could choose from the menu and know exactly if it was W30 compliant or not.  I loved the grilled potato salad.

Good luck on the rest of your journey.  Seems like you have been progressing well.

Hello @wwtechgirl! Great to see you here! I hope things are going smoothly for you.

I too think Zoe's grilled potato salad is a thing of beauty and it was so nice to eat something NOT COOKED BY ME.

I've now completed 20 days. That means just 240 hours or 14,400 minutes to go! (Yes, I am now weary of my Whole30.)

Warning: rant ahead. Whenever I read posts that say "I just finished my Whole30 and it was a breeze! I never felt hungry or deprived and I am now going to eat this way forever!" I want to throw something at my screen. Don't get me wrong: I'm glad they had a great experience but I certainly have days, and yesterday was one of them, when I am disgruntled and just want to be done. I pacified myself last night with a whole avocado and tomato drenched with the world's best balsamic vinegar and a grass-fed rib eye steak. Which leads me to:

What I do when I hate being on a Whole30:

1. Direct my negative energy toward tasks I avoid. Yesterday, it was my filing. (I may be 100% digital but the world, sadly, is not.)

2. Remind myself that I can have three out of the five food groups: salt, fat and coffee. (Sugar and alcohol are the remaining two.)

3. Make clarified butter and dump ranch (see above; Fats R Us).

Day 23! Having trouble finding things to whine about today, as I'm at the "OMG my body HAS changed" phase. Cleaned my house (condo) yesterday AND washed the slipcovers and the throws AND did 30 minutes of water jogging . . . all because I was excited about the Apple Special Event today. I ordered the new iPadPro and am so excited for its arrival--the day after my Whole 30 ends!

Making clay pot Basque Chicken again to fight food boredom.

Day 25 is almost in the books! It's my birthday and I celebrated with hot dogs and sauerkraut for lunch with extra mustard . . . .  (Must add mustard and vinegar to my five food groups.) Tonight is coconut curry chicken soup (transformation from Basque chicken). Just five more days!

Hooray! Day 28 is in the books. A splendid day, working on an online watercolor course using my iPad. I also won the (imaginary) healthy cart award at Publix picking up ingredients for this Ukrainian salmon soup. What a comfort to have this for dinner after I got back from the pool. 

1CF9B147-1F87-4BE5-BE9A-01EFDF040481.thumb.jpeg.759ec5fd948b5dd5c5c9a3cea72be05d.jpeg

Archived