I’m new and nervous

Meeshraleigh

But so excited to get the inflammation down in my body.  I so badly need a reset. The purging of pantry is going to be tough for me. I have 2 kiddos and a husband who do not want to follow along on this diet.  Any suggestions of getting prepared would be so appreciated. Thanks!

• Administrators

Hi @Meeshraleigh - welcome! we often have people through the program who are doing it and their family is not. Sometimes it's not realistic to throw everything out. We usually recommend that you move all of their stuff to one cupboard/shelf so that you don't have to dig past the oreos to find the canned mushrooms when you're already tired or stressed and trying to make dinner.

For families not following along, they can also eat all the same things you're making and then if your husband and kids want something like rice or pasta with their meal, he can cook that for them. Burgers are a great meal because you can have yours w no bun and they can have the bun. Making a nice hearty marinara sauce with meat in it is nice too because you can put it over zucchini noodles or roasted brocoli (my fave!) and they can have pasta. Fajitas, same thing - you do it over or wrapped in lettuce and they do tortillas.

There are tonnes of articles online about prep that are excellent. https://www.google.com/search?q=whole30+prep&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b-ab

Archived