confused on rules

I read whole 30 and wanted to do it but didn't do a whole lot of planning. Three days ago I decided to try my coffee black. I drank it so my journey began...crazy i know but that how I tend to do everything. 

Question:  How often am I supposed to eat?  Do I only eat when I'm hungry or is there a "plan" ? I found myself snacking on grapes when I wasnt hungry and figured I was craving so I stopped.  

Also:  the plate:  almost all veggies, some protein and some good fat.  What else besides avacado? and if you cook with a good fat do you still include it in the plate?

Thanks for your advice!

• Moderators

There's a meal template available here:  https://whole30.com/pdf-downloads/. It explains what your meals should look like and lists options for fats.

We recommend eating your first meal within an hour of waking up, and then every 4-5 hours after that. Your meals should be big enough that you go that long between meals pretty easily, but if you do need to eat between meals, have a combo of protein, fat, and vegetables or at least two of the three. 

Archived