Celestial teas?

Hellalay

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

just realized my true commitment to whole30 (on day 25!!) as i dumped out a freshly brewed mug of the lemon zinger herbal tea (a celestial tea) after i quickly looked up the ingredients and then found this thread before taking a single sip.... i resignedly threw it out despite having a killer sore throat! ah well, at least my office also has green tea...

Oh no! I just bought Good Earth's Original Sweet & Spicy tea which in addition to natural items also says artificial flavor....is that also OUT? It's so yummy but I will definitely give these away to my sister if it's not allowed, I am on day 6 and following the program to the T...i wish they would disclose what the "artificial flavors" are ....I have become obsessed with finally reading ingredients.

Here is what I found from their website to their answer on what is in the artifcial flavor...a bunch of bulllll - proprietary??? we need to know what you put in our bodies...how is that not somethinig you MUST disclose? I am definitely going to stay away from this tea.

"What is the artificial flavor used in the Sweet & Spicy?

The artificial flavor is a spice flavor. Since our blends are what make Good Earth

Teas so special, the actual ingredient is proprietary. However, if you have any

additional concerns, please feel free to contact us. There is no MSG, soy,

artificial colors or preservatives in any of our blends."

Here is what I found from their website to their answer on what is in the artifcial flavor...a bunch of bulllll .......

"What is the artificial flavor used in the Sweet & Spicy?

The artificial flavor is a spice flavor.

Yeah right. Now if this was a spice, it would simply say spice. Note it says "no ......artificial colors or preservatives" as if that's wonderful, no mention of artificial flavours. This must be some chemical concoction to taste like spice. Why do they do it? (that's a rhetorical question - i know they only care about profit but honestly :angry:)

On a side not, I went to make a cup of Stomach Ease tea last night and discovered it's got barley malt in it. Another box consigned to the bin.

I'm with you on that Kirsteen ;). Found out that my Lemon Zinger tea has natual flavors, aka, soy lecithin, so there goes another one. I did find out that Ginger Aid tea by Traditional Medicinals has not let me down yet, although it's not nearly as yummy as the Sweet & Spicy :(. I had thrown out the box and just kept the individually wrapped tea bag so I had to go online to find the ingredients, LOL. Talk about dedication. Going out to lunch, and will be grilling the heck out of the waitress to ensure there is nothing on my no-no list when I order beef satay with steamed veggies.

I had an email exchange with Good Earth about their sweet and spicy and while he wouldn't admit it to me directly, I'm pretty sure there is sugar of some type in the tea. I was so frustrated with what felt like dishonesty by them that I said I'd never buy their teas again.

I have found that their sweet and spicy tea, which I love, is compliant in the decaf variety only. The caffeinated version lists artificial flavor while the decaf does not. Any ideas why?

The decaf box I'm looking at lists artificial flavors.. I just checked their website in case my info was old and it also lists artificial flavors. My whole problem was how sneaky I felt they were in my email exchanges with them and because I felt they were being dishonest, I ditched the tea.

The Sleepytime Celestial tea is compliant-- Ingredients:

Chamomile, spearmint, West Indian lemongrass, tilia flowers, blackberry leaves, orange blossoms, hawthorn and rosebuds.

http://www.celestialseasonings.com/products/sleepytime-teas/sleepytime

I had a cup of Yogi Bedtime tea last night--the box was open & my Celestial box wasn't--I didn't look at the ingredients before brewing my cup. Anyways, I took a sip & it tasted horrible & sweet!!! I took a few sips & threw it out. I googled the ingredients today & sure enough, Stevia is in it!!!

http://www.yogiproducts.com/products/details/bedtime-tea/

• 1 month later...

Archived