Day 5 and curious about hunger without cravings

zumbanerd

I feel like I'm off to a pretty good start. I find the foods tasty that I've been having and I've gotten used to having my coffee black with a little cinnamon and vanilla extract. The one thing that I've noticed since yesterday is that I will be hungry but I don't have any cravings for anything at all. I'm used to my cravings dictate what I'm going to eat so this is rather odd. I'm grateful for having gotten the realplan all set up so that I can have a plan of what to eat this week as it helps me get something on my plate. The food tastes great but it isn't the same. I don't know how best to describe it. I get full and I don't have hunger for quite some time. I'm just really thirsty more than anything else. 

Is this how it should be? I don't feel bad at all. I just have something missing from my enjoyment of my food. Could it be due to no sugar that no cravings are happening? Or, just give it time and the cravings will come back? I'm not at all tempted by my daughter's snacks that are all the things that aren't on this plan. 

• Administrators
5 minutes ago, zumbanerd said:

I feel like I'm off to a pretty good start. I find the foods tasty that I've been having and I've gotten used to having my coffee black with a little cinnamon and vanilla extract. The one thing that I've noticed since yesterday is that I will be hungry but I don't have any cravings for anything at all. I'm used to my cravings dictate what I'm going to eat so this is rather odd. I'm grateful for having gotten the realplan all set up so that I can have a plan of what to eat this week as it helps me get something on my plate. The food tastes great but it isn't the same. I don't know how best to describe it. I get full and I don't have hunger for quite some time. I'm just really thirsty more than anything else. 

Is this how it should be? I don't feel bad at all. I just have something missing from my enjoyment of my food. Could it be due to no sugar that no cravings are happening? Or, just give it time and the cravings will come back? I'm not at all tempted by my daughter's snacks that are all the things that aren't on this plan. 

Yes, for certain, food desire can be different on this program. It's nothing I can really put a finger on but often it's just because your brain is "interested" in the hits it used to get from sugar/salt/fat and it's not getting that anymore so the foods feel uninteresting.

I would find some recipes that sound really good. My personal favourites are recipes that have a lot of ginger or lime or cumin or cilantro. They are among my favourite flavours so when I find myself getting bored, I make something with a good hit of these flavours. And then I make sure I have a good amount of fat with it.

Archived