Loosing food control with alcohol

CassieK

So I’m in reintroduction on day 36 before last night all I had reintroduced was dairy and last night I reintroduced alcohol and I lost food control. Today I feel terrible! And of course because I at a lot of things I can’t tell what did it. I’m going back to strict whole30 for a couple weeks probably. I feel bad and I don’t... currently reading foodfreedom so I knew a slip up might happen and it did and I don’t feel bad because I know what to do to get myself on track but there’s still a part of me that’s disappointed I let it happen. Has anyone had a similar experience that later worked alcohol back into there life with success of keeping food control and if so what steps did you take? I know I should have just one drink and maybe it wouldn’t have happened so next time I fully plan on trying one glass of wine in a resteraunt setting so that I’m not tempted with a full bottle of wine still sitting in the fridge... does that sound like an ok plan? I do know that maybe alcohol will always be a good trigger and I’m ready to accept that but I’d like to go into a smart reintroduction with alcohol before I write it off as off limits for me because I do enjoy wine or I did before whole30.

• Administrators

Hi @CassieK - ya, unfortunately alcohol lowers inhibitions and that applies also to our desires to inhibit our food intake in some cases.

Sitting down outside of the situation and making your own "rules" is a good idea. The ones that I have shared here that work for me are "No alcohol before a gym-day morning", "no alcohol alone" and "no alcohol the night before early mornings". In my personal schedule and lifestyle these three work well to limit my personal consumption and because they are rules I made for myself, they don't feel oppressive or difficult.

On 10/15/2018 at 2:18 PM, ladyshanny said:

Hi @CassieK - ya, unfortunately alcohol lowers inhibitions and that applies also to our desires to inhibit our food intake in some cases.

Sitting down outside of the situation and making your own "rules" is a good idea. The ones that I have shared here that work for me are "No alcohol before a gym-day morning", "no alcohol alone" and "no alcohol the night before early mornings". In my personal schedule and lifestyle these three work well to limit my personal consumption and because they are rules I made for myself, they don't feel oppressive or difficult.

Those sounds like such smart rules! Thank you for taking the time to respond! I think I’m just going to take a little time to focus on being whole30 compliment again and then on my birthday which is coming up try again. After making a list of rules for myself that is. Maybe it is just a special holiday thing for me now, I’d like it more often then that, but feeling better means more to me! 

Archived