Don’t like breakfast

Rebcan

So... I am 7 days into whole 30. And struggling with breakfast. I am up early for work and “heavy” food does not settle well early for me. Also not a huge fan of eggs. I tried last week eating eggs and veggies but mainly just picked at it and threw the food away. I also tried dinner leftover with the same result.

My question... is it ok to eat light... like an apple with complient nut butter and a few nuts? ..as long as it does not wake my sugar dragon later and I’m not snacky before lunch at noon?

• Moderators

The meal template is a recommendation, not a rule, so you can do that if you want to.

The thing is, if you aren't used to eating a template based meal for breakfast, the only way to get used to it is to eat a template based meal for breakfast. You're not going to magically one day like meat and vegetables for breakfast after eating fruit for breakfast every day. You have to actually work on making that change. 

Have you tried something like soup? A blended butternut squash soup that you add leftover grilled chicken or some breakfast sausage into. Or maybe a chicken soup like this:   https://www.stupideasypaleo.com/2014/08/17/healing-chicken-soup-paleo-whole30/. Or if soup doesn't sound good, make chicken salad with grapes or apple chunks, mayo, walnuts, shredded carrots or broccoli slaw.  Lighter, but of fruit to make it more palatable for you, but still some protein and vegetables.

Archived