UK Lacto-ovo vegetarian Whole 30 reintroduction log October 2018

SarahS2018

Right I am back again to write up how I have been getting on with my reintroduction.  I have been keeping notes on Google Keep.

Day 1

Sunday 7th October 2018

Breakfast

3 fried eggs, mushrooms with spinach, leftover fried ptoatoes, 1 avocado

rice wafer, sip of watered sherry

Lunch

Dahl (red lentils), added kale, spinach, courgette, pepper, broccoli, carrot.

Coconut cauliflower rice made with coconut oil and coconut milk.

Dinner

Dahl with vegetables from earlier, coconut cauliflower rice with added vegetables.

Thoughts

As it was Sunday, I managed some shopping, so did some cooking.  I cooked frittata with 9 eggs, so a third wil be enough for breakfast.  Vegetables added to frittata - mushrooms, spinach, pepper, onion, kale.  I boiled some eggs and made some mayonnaise.  The mayonnaise was not a success because I used the wrong sort of olive oil. 

I then investigated buying the light tasting olive oil.  It was hard to find, but I then realised that the olive oil that is called 'light in colour' is the light tasting olive oil.  So I was able to buy this from Aldi.

Now today was noticeable colder and I had a runny nose, I don't know if this is down to the lentils or the weather.  I also noticed looser bowel movements on Monday morning.

Day 2

Monday 8th October 2018

Breakfast

Slice of Frittata, 1 avocado

Lunch

2 boiled eggs, carrot, cucumber, apple.

pre workout 1 boiled egg, egg yolk, 1/2 avocado

post workout egg white, sweet potato

Dinner

2 scrambled eggs, vegetable curry, coconut cauliflower rice

Thoughts

Day 3

Tuesday 9th October 2018

Breakfast

Frittata, 1/2 avocado

Charity shop trousers
Tiger blood?

Lunch

Salad, lettuce, cucumber, olives 2 boiled eggs, homemade coleslaw.

Pre workout 1 boiled egg, 1/2 avocado

spin cycle class

Post workout egg white, sweet potato.

Dinner

Vegetable curry, coconut cauliflower rice, 3 scrambled eggs.

Thoughts

I did nearly 13000 steps today which is unusual for a Tuesday.  I have felt quite energized, is this 'tiger blood' or is this because I have had to eat less eggs.

I also went around the charity shops today and bought several pairs of jeggings.  I am definitely looking good.

Day 4

Wednesday 10th October 

Breakfast

Slice frittata, 1 avocado, quinoa (1/4 cup serving (raw)) with turmeric, coriander, mixed herbs.

Lunch

Rice noodles, stir fry vegetables, coconut aminos, spices.

Dinner

corn arepa, olives, 2 fried eggs, vegetable curry.

Thoughts

This is the first time I have made arepas.  A friend showed me how to make them at the end of  August,  so I have been waiting to make these.  I would definitely make them again.

I was going to have rice, but didn't have time, the rice noodles only had rice in.

Again, I had a slight runny nose.  The weather was warmer, so I think it was the non-gluten grains.

I have been thinking about how I will eat after the reintroduction.  I think it will be mainly vegan paleo that I have been reading about.  I have been investigating sources of protein.  As a vegetarian I have  also kept in mind a 'bean and a grain' for a complete protein.  There are also complete plant based proteins, quinoa, soy, buckwheat.

Day 7

Saturday 13th October

Breakfast

3 boiled eggs, 1 avocado, cashews.

Lunch

1/2 jacket potato with cheddar cheese, 2 scrambled eggs, salad with homemade mayo

Dinner

1/2 jacket potato, cheese, 2 scrambled eggs.

Thoughts

This is my weekend travelling away, I wasn't as organised as normal and ran out of vegetables.

Day 8

Sunday 14th October

Breakfast

3 scrambled eggs, salad with homemade mayonnaise.

Lunch

2 boiled eggs, spinach, 1 avocado

Dinner

3 fried eggs, ketchup, vegetable curry, olives

Thoughts

Today I have had cravings, I have fancied allsorts.  I travelled home today.

Day 9

Monday 15th October

Breakfast

Slice of frittata, 1 avocado

Lunch

2 boiled eggs, vegetable curry, olives

pre workout, 1 boiled egg, egg yolk

post workout, egg white, slice of sweet potato.

Dinner

2 fried eggs, salad, homemade mayonnaise.

Thoughts

Well I am still having cravings and also having the urge to snack.  I resisted and had some cashews and almonds instead.

Tonight I opened the tempeh, simmered it and marinated some of it.  It is sitting in the fridge ready for tomorrow.   As tomorrow is the soya test day, I have used tamari instead of coconut aminos to marinate it.

So tomorrow is the last day, the end of this journey, or maybe the first step to the rest of my life.

I am feeling different about the Whole 30 now.  Now I have had a break from eating so many eggs I feel I could do another Whole 30.  I will see how I am doing next year at the beginning of the summer.

Addition

I forgot to say about day 1, Sunday, the whole of the 30 days I have being mindful of what went into my mouth and I have eaten with intention.  However, on Sunday I went to church communion service and it wasn't until the cup was coming towards my mouth that I realised it was alcohol.  I then thought no, you have eaten the rice wafer.  I couldn't believe that I did it without thought.  Maybe it is because I don't think of it as eating or a meal, I don't know why as it is called the last supper {shrug}

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived