Soup season and meal template sizes

Caitibird

I'm on day 2 of my 3rd Whole 30, so I'm very familiar with the meal template, however I had a question regarding soups.  I recently made a pureed broccoli & leek soup to have with my breakfast, but I am unsure how to calculate the portion size. I've been drinking it out of a mug, roughly 1.5-2 cups. Does this count as 1.5-2 cups of veggies? Or less? And what about soups/stews that are both meat + veggies? Do you guys just eat enough to make you feel full and assume it meets the qualifications of the meal template?

• Administrators
2 hours ago, Caitibird said:

I'm on day 2 of my 3rd Whole 30, so I'm very familiar with the meal template, however I had a question regarding soups.  I recently made a pureed broccoli & leek soup to have with my breakfast, but I am unsure how to calculate the portion size. I've been drinking it out of a mug, roughly 1.5-2 cups. Does this count as 1.5-2 cups of veggies? Or less? And what about soups/stews that are both meat + veggies? Do you guys just eat enough to make you feel full and assume it meets the qualifications of the meal template?

Hi @Caitibird - I'm SO excited for soup and stew season! When I serve soup as a main portion of the meal, we just eat enough that we are satisfied. With blended veggie soups they are often on the side of a protein or we chunk up leftover chicken etc into it. If you're quite used to the meal template then you probably are also used to how you feel after a properly sized/composed meal. You can just use your own personal feedback to tell you if you need more or less of something. :)

Archived