Starting October 17th

KayD

I had twins 4 1/2 years ago at the age of 41 via IVF and my body, mind and metabolism have just never fully recovered since. I feel as if the sleep deprivation from that first year just destroyed me and I'm hoping that whole 30 will be the reset button button my body needs to remember itself. 

• Administrators
On 10/17/2018 at 2:58 AM, KayD said:

I had twins 4 1/2 years ago at the age of 41 via IVF and my body, mind and metabolism have just never fully recovered since. I feel as if the sleep deprivation from that first year just destroyed me and I'm hoping that whole 30 will be the reset button button my body needs to remember itself. 

Welcome! There's lots of support here, just reach out if you need anything!

(I'm a twin with @SugarcubeOD - we have a special love for fellow twins and twin-moms!)

On 10/17/2018 at 2:58 AM, KayD said:

Hi! I am also still feeling like I am recovering after having my daughter at 36 three years ago... nothing compared to what you went through, but I hear you. I had my first two when I was 20 and 24, so this past birth and post birth experience has felt A LOT different! I think there is no going back though... only finding our new normal with our permanently altered bodies and minds. Whole 30 will do a lot for you...  I am day five and I am seeing so much improvement already! I did my first round a couple of years ago and felt great afterward. It took a couple of years and year long stint in grad school to see my weight gained back and my diet shot all to heck. If there is anything I can provide you these next several days as a stranger on the internet, let me know! :D:ph34r::D

I am a retired Midwife so really appreciate hearing from the young Mothers who are doing this to recover their stamina.  I just started my first Whole 30 on the 17th.  I am a 71 y.o. Grandmother and I sure do want to improve health to live a long and active life. I do wish I had started a bit earlier since the reintroduction phase will be going thru Thanksgiving.  I am reviewing the reintroduction information and wondering about starting with the food group that I know I have some issues with which is dairy.  What are other people thinking about reintroduction going over Thanksgiving?

• Moderators
54 minutes ago, ConnieC said:

I am a retired Midwife so really appreciate hearing from the young Mothers who are doing this to recover their stamina.  I just started my first Whole 30 on the 17th.  I am a 71 y.o. Grandmother and I sure do want to improve health to live a long and active life. I do wish I had started a bit earlier since the reintroduction phase will be going thru Thanksgiving.  I am reviewing the reintroduction information and wondering about starting with the food group that I know I have some issues with which is dairy.  What are other people thinking about reintroduction going over Thanksgiving?

Remember that if you know you have issues with something and plan to avoid it going forward, you don't have to reintroduce it.

Archived