Dizzy - light-headed - achey - brain fog - on Day 24

noahb123

Hello,

Meals:

Yesterday breakfast: 4 eggs

Yesterday lunch: Salad with vegetables, eggs, and salsa

Yesterday dinner: Angus burger patty, bacon, egg, and side salad

Breakfast: 4 eggs, tomatoes, and potatoes

For the last 4-5 days I have been feeling increasingly weak and dizzy. I'm even a little worried I'm going to pass out. I am not as effective at my job, which is already kind of high stress. I'm thinking I should stop at the doctor tonight to check my blood pressure? If she tells me to eat bread (which is what my body is telling me will help, so, complex carbs?) then I will. But is there anything I can do today before dinner to try and avoid that?

• Moderators

Eat starchy vegetables, if you think carbs are the answer. Unless your salads are very large, probably more vegetables in general.

Be sure you're salting your food. There's not a lot of salt in food in it's natural state, and we need some salt in our diets, so add enough salt that food tastes good. If you haven't been using salt lately, maybe add a bit extra for a day or two.

• Administrators
23 hours ago, noahb123 said:

Hello,

Meals:

Yesterday breakfast: 4 eggs

Yesterday lunch: Salad with vegetables, eggs, and salsa

Yesterday dinner: Angus burger patty, bacon, egg, and side salad

Breakfast: 4 eggs, tomatoes, and potatoes

For the last 4-5 days I have been feeling increasingly weak and dizzy. I'm even a little worried I'm going to pass out. I am not as effective at my job, which is already kind of high stress. I'm thinking I should stop at the doctor tonight to check my blood pressure? If she tells me to eat bread (which is what my body is telling me will help, so, complex carbs?) then I will. But is there anything I can do today before dinner to try and avoid that?

Have you been eating this way for the entire 24 days? You seem very protein and fat-focussed - we would prefer to see you also eating 2-3+ cups of cooked veggies or equivalent at every meal. If it's salad greens, you need an entire mixing bowl full and you should be adding sturdier veggies as well. Think how little greens are once wilted down - that's what happens in your stomach so a small side salad, once chewed up, would be a very small amount of veggies.

It could be cumulative - if you've been eating this way for 20+ days and are now starting to feel unwell. How is Whole30 different from your previous intake?

Archived