Starting Oct 22

wholemamaCHI

Hi there!

I am starting my third Whole 30 on October 22nd. I'm 34 years old and am the mama of a cute toddler. I work part-time as a mental health provider and other than following my kid around day-to-day am mostly sedentary. I would like to do a Whole 90 so I can feel closer to creating a better habit of healthier eating. Things I feel positively about: (1) I have an Instant Pot this time around, (2) I look forward to feeling less bloated and uncomfortable in my body, and (3) I hope to use this time to help my body better understand what it really wants when a "craving" occurs that typically leads to a pasta, chip or ice cream overload. Something I feel resistance around: I have a hard time with the no grains or legumes policy (let's face it - a good portion of the world subsists on rice and beans), so that's something I need help overcoming or would like to better understand from folks who transition from Whole 30 program into a greater lifestyle choice. If there are any contributors who are interested in Intuitive Eating or Health at Every Size ideas, I would love to meet them. These are ideas I would like to integrate with some of the ideas of Whole 30. 

- Sara

• Administrators
On 10/19/2018 at 2:40 PM, wholemamaCHI said:

Something I feel resistance around: I have a hard time with the no grains or legumes policy (let's face it - a good portion of the world subsists on rice and beans), so that's something I need help overcoming

Hi @wholemamaCHI - yes, many people do eat rice and beans and you can too - just not during Whole30. :) It's just 30 days that we ask people to put those aside and then freely reintroduce them at the end and see how you do. 

Archived