Rocking day 6 but unsure about the program

Felice

I believe I am rocking this program. The first few days were difficult but I am on day 6 and I feel less bloated.

I have been on Weight Watchers maintenance for the past 13 years. What I learned from WW is that you can maintain your weight and eat cake and candy everyday. I decided that that was not what I want to do for the rest of my life. I had an addiction to Splenda. I am also under a doctor's care for chronic constipation. I was taking four doses of different laxatives everyday.

Last year someone gave me the The Whole30 guidebook that was published in 2015. I began to read it two weeks ago.  I thought that by following this plan I could learn to eat healthy foods. Right now I am getting used to drinking my green tea, my chamomile tea and my occasional espresso, without any sweetener. I know that's a positive.

What I don't see any reference to is, when can you snack? There is mention of the snacks that you can eat.  but it does not really outline whether it's appropriate to have an afternoon snack or whether when out for the day,  you should bring fruit and vegetables.

I hope somebody can help me with this. In the same vein, I would like to know when it's appropriate to drink. Am I  able to drink water whenever I want during the day or is there a prescribed regimen?

I also would like to know that, if it's necessary, which laxatives are permitted if I need them?

I appreciate all comments. Thank you.

• Administrators

We recommend that people eat enough at their meals that it gets them 4-5 hours in between, thus negating the need for snacking. If you have longer between meals or know you'll be out for the day, we recommend you prioritize protein and fat or protein and veggies. Eating just fruit or veggies wont sustain you like protein and fat will.

Drink water whenever you like. 

Regarding the laxatives, we have no specific guidance on those. Make sure you're drinking enough water (half ounce per pound of bodyweight) and lots of veggies will help.

47 minutes ago, ladyshanny said:

We recommend that people eat enough at their meals that it gets them 4-5 hours in between, thus negating the need for snacking. If you have longer between meals or know you'll be out for the day, we recommend you prioritize protein and fat or protein and veggies. Eating just fruit or veggies wont sustain you like protein and fat will.

Drink water whenever you like. 

Regarding the laxatives, we have no specific guidance on those. Make sure you're drinking enough water (half ounce per pound of bodyweight) and lots of veggies will help.

Thanks for your help  I will make sure to eat proteins. I have not eaten beef, lamb or pork in 20 years. The eggs,  fish and poultry should work.

• Administrators
5 minutes ago, Felice said:

You mentioned that I can drink water at any time. What about tea or coffee? Are they limited to meals?

Nope, beverages are fine at any time. We do recommend that you are moderate about the amount of caffeine and stop drinking caffeinated beverages well before bedtime to limit sleep disruption.

• 1 month later...

I want to thank you for all your help. After finishing day 31, I was able  to figure out a lot of things about my eating habits.

I no longer crave as much sugar because I eat protein for every meal. I also did not have to go take four types of laxatives every day. I am grateful for that.

I'm not interested in having bread and pasta on a regular basis. I will eat it hopefully, once in a while when I want to. That is a great new feeling.

I am also grateful that I drink my green tea and my espresso without any sweetener at all.

I find that I'm satisfied and have no desire to snack nor graze during the day.

I'm so pleased with the results of the Whole 30.

Archived